|Full Name:||Zane Yama|
|First Appearance:||What If? Vol 2 #105|
|Created by:||Tom DeFalco, Ron Frenz|
|Place of Birth:|
|Affiliations:||A-Next, formerly X-People|
|Powers/Abilities:||J2 is a good hand to hand combatant, having received extensive experience as a member of the Avengers.|
|Height:||5' 5"; 6'10" transformed|
|Weight:||135 lbs (61 kg); 800 lbs transformed|
|Unique Features:||In his transformed state, J2 has a tremendously large and defined muscular build|
Zane Yama (of Earth-982), also called J2 or Juggernaut Jr, is the son of the X-Men's Cain Marko/Juggernaut in another reality.
While a young boy, Zane Yama was often bullied by his school bully Miller Hallendale. During a fight with the bully, he discovered that he had inherited the powers of his father, the mutant Juggernaut, a reformed villian and member of the X-Men.
Zane lived most of his younger life without the guidance of his father, who had gone missing on a mission with the X-Men one day.
Next in lineEdit
Zane soon discovered that he could receive his father's powers from the mystical Ruby of Cyttorak, with changed their wielder into a larger person with enchanted armor, and granted superhuman strength and enhanced endurance. It was through an act of will that Zane could transform himself into a similar appearance, with armor which he had to fashion himself, also granting him superhuman strength and superhuman endurance.
Joining, and rejecting teamsEdit
Calling himself J2 (Juggernaut II), Zane was offered membership to the group called A-Next (the Avengers of Earth-982), themselves also children of heroes, and accepted.
Although Zane was also offered membership with a group known as the Uncanny X-People, led by an older Jubilee, he turned them down, while still remaining friends and assisting them often.
Soon after, Magneta, a women who has the ability to control metal mentally (similar to Magneto), offered Zane a spot amongst the new "pro-active" villainous group she was forming, but she was also turned down by Zane.
Zane later learned of the reason behind his father's disappearance from Cyclops (current leader of the X-Men in his reality), and his location. Juggernaut was being held prisoner by a villain called Nemesus in an alternate dimension. Thanks to the Sorcerer Supreme Doc Magus, Zane was able to locate his father and rescue him.
After announcing his retirement, Juggernaut was okaywith letting Zane to carry on his legacy, having proven himself worthy of the powers he wielded.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
- Physical Transformation: Zane has the power to physically change his normal form. During this process, approximately 17 inches in height and 665 lbs of muscle and bone tissue are added to his frame.
- Superhuman Strength: Zane possesses superhuman strength of unknown limits. While the maximum amount of weight he can currently lift is not known, it is known that his strength exceeds 75 tons but no more than 100 tons. However, as a teenager, Zane's body and powers aren't fully mature and his strength is expected to grow over time.
- Superhuman Stamina: Zane's mystically enhanced musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than an ordinary human does. While the limits of his stamina are not known, he can physically exert himself at peak capacity for at least several hours. As with his physical strength, Zane's stamina will grow over time.
- Superhuman Durability: Zane's body is highly resistant to all forms of physical injury. He can withstand powerful energy blasts, bullets, exposure to extreme pressure and temperature, and survive falls from great heights without being injured. As with his other superhuman powers, Zame's ability to resist to physical injury is likely to increase over time.
- Advanced Hand-To-Hand Combat: Zane is a great hand-to-hand combatant, having received extensive experience as a member of his reality's Avengers, A-Next.
- Energy Limit: If he exerts his own energy for too long, he will tire out, and revert to his normal form.
- Magic Armor: When Zane transforms into his superhuman state, he gains a mystical set of helmet and armor that resembles his father's armor, though the coloring is different. The helmet grants him immunity against telepathic attacks and most forms of assault.
- A constant trademark of his Zane's was his father's red and black flannel shirt tied around his waist.
- Zane seemed to have a crush on Wolverine's daugther Wild Thing, and vice versa.