|So, as someone once said, --- Up --- Up --- and AWAY! -Peter Parker (Earth-616)
This article is plagiarized.
It seems another editor of the Spider-Man Wiki has added information directly copied from another website/database. Please edit this article to make it more original.
|Real name:||Wade Winston Wilson|
|First Appearance:||New Mutants #98|
|Created by:||Fabian Nicieza; Rob Liefeld|
|Place of Birth:||Canada|
|Base:||Cavern-X, Sedona, Arizona|
|Affiliations:||Thunderbolts; formerly X-Force, Deadpool Corps, Agency X, S.H.I.E.L.D.; Code Red, Six Pack, One World Church, DP Inc., Weapon X, Weapon Plus, Heroes for Hire, Secret Defenders, Frightful Four, Team Deadpool, Landau, Luckman & Lake, Department K, U.S. Army; former employee of Hammerhead, Tolliver, Kingpin, Taskmaster, partner of Elektra, Wolverine, Taskmaster, Spider-Man, and presumably others, Great Lakes Initiative reserve member. Briefly held probationary status in the X-Men|
|Abilities:||Healing factor grants him superhuman stamina, agility, and reflexes.|
|Unique Features:||Horribly scarred skin, wears mask to hide it.|
"I always forget (or just black out to spare myself the agony) what Wilson's most lethal weapon is... his mouth! He'll talk nonsense until you surrender or commit suicide."
Born as Wade Wilson, he grew up with an abusive military father, and his mother died of cancer when he was still very young. Becoming a delinquent in his teenage years, his father was shot dead by Wade’s friend when he attempted to end their drinking session at a nightclub. Sobering up from the experience, he joined the military for a short time before being kicked out of the service for bad behavior.
Soon after, he was diagnosed with cancer and was offered a potential cure in exchange for his participation in a superhuman enhancement project. Entering into the government’s top-secret Weapon X Program, he underwent procedures that attempted to recreate the natural healing ability of the X-Men’s Wolverine. Unfortunately, the procedure caused his cancer to go into overdrive, scarring him all over his body and leaving him with extreme neurological damage. Left in a near-catatonic state, he was labeled a failed experiment and sent to a facility with the other rejects from the program.
While there, the other prisoners took bets in a “dead pool” on which inmate would get killed next by the Warden. Remaining scarred and mentally unstable, after becoming angry enough, his healing factor kicked in, and he managed to gain enough strength to escape, killing all of the guards and freeing everyone there. An unanticipated side effect was a rapid acceleration of the cancerous tumors he was suffering from at the time, causing them to quickly spread across his entire body as soon as his powers fully activated. Because of this, his healing factor super charged his cancer, resulting in massive scar tissue causing his appearance to be severely disfigured. Deadpool's brain cells are similarly affected, with dying brain cells being rejuvenated at a super accelerated rate.
Unable to live a normal life, and because of his experience as a soldier, he became a mercenary for hire, calling himself “Deadpool,” as he beat the odds and survived the experience. Falling into an identity disorder due to his neurological damage, the mercenary lost all memories of his origins, yet retained his deadly skill set. At the same time, he became an expert in multiple forms of martial arts, began donning a red and black full-body costume, and selected the sword as his preferred weapon.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
- Healing Factor: Deadpool's primary power is an accelerated healing factor, depicted by various artists and writers with varying levels of efficiency. Deadpool's healing factor also slows the aging process. He is still alive 800 years in the future when the new X-Force encountered him. This healing factor enables him to regenerate any destroyed tissues or organs at a super-human rate as well as making him immune to known diseases and infections
- Teleportation: Wade also possesses Nightcrawler's teleportation ability via his belt.
- Weapons: An extremely unpredictable opponent, Deadpool has since come to be known for his chaotic and improvised fighting style, use of his personal teleportation devices, and a magic satchel, which allows him to pull weapons out of nowhere.
- Mouth: However, out of all of his weapons, his most popular is his mouth, as he is famous for his wisecracking dialogue, and ability to speak nothing but nonsense, and break the forth wall.
- According to the Taskmaster, whose abilities allowed him to analyze and copy the mercenary's fighting style, Deadpool always dodges to the left.
- Deadpool's speech and thought balloons and captions are usually colored yellow, to represent his distinctive voice (although nobody knows exactly what is distinctive about his voice, only that it sounds different). Cable of Earth-5701 has described his voice as having a "gravelly, Demi Moore" quality before "killing" him. Blind Al has also stated that Deadpool's voice sounds like a distinct mixture of "gasoline and gravel." In his earliest appearances, his speech balloons were normal balloons with red borders (soon changed to yellow borders); in later appearances, the interior would be colored yellow and the text would be written in a slightly mangled font.
- Deadpool is one of the few Marvel comic book characters that have broken the "fourth wall" and called attention to his nature as a comic book character.
- During Deadpool's adventure to save the multiverse from the Awareness his worst fear was revealed to be truly and utterly alone.
- Deadpool's name IS Wade Wilson, as that's the name he used to sign up with the army. However due to both T-Ray and Deadpool being insane, neither's word can actually be trusted. In Deadpool's words "It depends on which writer you liked best."
- The X-Man Gambit has such respect for Deadpool's fighting abilities that he once paid him off rather than risk battling him, admitting that fighting Deadpool is tantamount to suicide.
- Deadpool has been cursed by Thanos with the ability to never die.
- Wade first met and befriended Bullseye in elementary school, when Wade was transferred to Bulleye's school. Bullseye then killed his teacher, and the boys burned the school to the ground followed by robbing a candy store.