|So, as someone once said, --- Up --- Up --- and AWAY! - Peter Parker
This article is plagiarized.
It seems the information on this article is mostly or entirely copied from another source. Please edit this article to make it more original.
|First Appearance:||New Avengers Vol. 1 #1|
|Created by:||Brian Michael Bendis, Leinil Francis Yu|
|Place of Birth:||Skrull world, Tyeranx Seven Province|
|Base:||Satriani; Formerly unnamed Skrull world, Tyeranx Seven Province|
|Affiliations:||Skrull Empire, Dard'van, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Secret Avengers, S.H.I.E.L.D., HYDRA|
|Powers/Abilities:||She is capable of about everything the real Jessica Drew was excelling in armed and unarmed combat, espionage, and athletics|
|Height:||5' 10" (Variable)|
|Weight:||130 lbs (59 kg)|
|Hair Color:||Green, (Variable; Black as Spider-Woman)|
|Eye Color:||Green, (Variable)|
|Unique Features:||Pointed ears, corrugated chin, green skin|
"It was written in our book of worlds. A wave would come. And it has come true. It was written and it has come true. A billion Skrulls died to prove the words true. A billion more Skrulls died to tell us we are here with purpose. It was written a wave would come. And it was written a world of blue would be the home for all that believed. We are right. He loves us."
Veranke, better known as Queen Veranke and Spider-Woman, was the empress of the Skrulls and a member of both the New Avengers and Mighty Avengers. Veranke was the mastermind behind the Secret Invasion
Planning the Secret InvasionEdit
During the Dark Reign event, Veranke is seen in Erebus when Hercules travels to the Underworld trying to win a chance at resurrection. She is later seen in Pluto's jury (alongside Abomination, Armless Tiger Man, Artume, Baron Heinrich Zemo, Commander Kraken, Iron Monger, Jack O'Lantern, Kyknos, Nessus, Orka, and Scourge of the Underworld) at Zeus' trial.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
- Skrull Shape-Shifting: Like other Skrulls, Queen Veranke is a shape-shifter. They can mentally cause the unstable molecules that comprise his or her body to become pliant, enabling him or her to assume other forms through muscular expansion and contraction. Once a new shape has been assumed, it takes a conscious act of will to assume another form or revert to natural. Hence, Skrulls do not spontaneously lose their assumed form when asleep or unconscious. Skrulls in altered form will, however, revert to their original forms at the moment of death.
- Skrull infilttration Ritual: Veranke took part in a ritual a mixture of science and magic that imbued her with Jessica Drew alias Spider-Woman's powers and memories. This allows the subject to go undetected in human form by Iron Man's technological scans, Charles Xavier's mental scans, Spider-Man's Spider-Sense, Wolverine's animal senses, or any other conceivable forms of detection. So subtle and powerful is this form of concealment neither Doctor Strange could detect her with the Spell of Tartashi, nor could the Elder God-powered Scarlet Witch using Xavier's psychic powers delve into Veranke's true mind, as shown when Veranke was granted Jessica Drew's desires, not her own.
- Skrull Engineering
- Superhuman Strength: Using Spider-Woman's DNA Vernake's muscular density and strength have been extraordinarily enhanced and enable her to lift about 7 tons.
- Superhuman Speed: Using Spider-Woman's DNA Vernake is capable of running and moving at speeds much greater than even the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Stamina: Using Spider-Woman's DNA Vernake's musculature generates less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human. She can exert herself at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue begins to impair her.
- Superhuman Durability: Using Spider-Woman's DNA Vernake's body is somewhat tougher and more resistant to injury than an ordinary human's, although she is far from invulnerable. She is capable of withstanding impact forces that would severely injure or kill an ordinary human with only mild to moderate discomfort.
- Superhuman Agility: Using Spider-Woman's DNA Vernake's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels beyond the human body's natural limits.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Using Spider-Woman's DNA Vernake's natural reaction time and reflexes are enhanced to levels beyond the human body's natural limits.
- Superhuman Flexibility: Using Spider-Woman's DNA Vernake's body is extraordinarily limber and her tendons and connective tissues are twice as flexible as the average human being's, despite the augmented musculature and its enhanced strength.
- Superhuman Hearing: Using Spider-Woman's DNA Vernake's hearing is superhumanly acute and enables her to detect sound at virtually any frequency, and she's been known to detect, sort out, and correctly identify sounds through thick steel doors, and across considerable distances.
- Immunity to Toxins, Poisons, Drugs, and Radiation: Using Spider-Woman's DNA Vernake's metabolism rapidly creates powerful immunities to all forms of toxins, poisons and drugs, after an initial exposure that usually makes her dizzy. Her body is totally immune to radiation.
- Wall-Crawling: Using Spider-Woman's DNA Vernake's limbs can adhere to surfaces via electrostatic attraction. Spider-Woman can hold and carry a considerable amount of extra weight while sticking to walls without falling off; it's safe to assume that the weight she can carry is dozens of times her own, and the limits of how long she can do this before fatigue sets in are still unknown.
- Bioelectric Blasts: Her body possesses an inordinate amount of bio-electricity that she has learned to channel and discharge through her hands, in controlled bursts. These energy projections vary in power; they mostly affect the nervous system in humans. Veranke can regulate them from simply a stun to potent enough to kill an average-sized man in the same way that a lightning bolt could kill him.
- Pheromone Secretion: Her metabolism generates certain types of pheromones that elicit attraction and/or repulsion on others, depending on unknown factors which might include gender and mood.
- Self-Propelled Flight: It is unclear as to the range and extent of this power.
- Energy Manipulation: Veranke is capable of manipulating certain energy forms. This was demonstrated when the Mighty Avengers were held captive by Doctor Doom and may have inadvertently blown her cover.
Veranke is capable of about everything the real Jessica Drew was excelling in armed and unarmed combat, espionage, and athletics.
- Skrull Shape-Shifting: Skrulls only take on the appearance of an object or person and none of that object or person’s characteristics. There is a limit to the size of the object or person a Skrull can imitate. The average Skrull cannot distend his or her mass any more than 1.5 times as large a volume as his or her original volume, nor can he or she contract his or her mass any more than 0.75 a volume as his or her original.
- Earth Languages: Veranke cannot speak the foreign languages Jessica Drew could. In Japan she could not understand any of the Hand ninjas whenever they spoke.