The Amazing Spider-Man 3 was the unofficial title for what would have been the third film in Sony Pictures' Amazing Spider-Man reboot film franchise that was slated to released in 2016.
Despite The Amazing Spider-Man 2 underperforming at the box office, the plan was to move forward with the release of The Amazing Spider-Man 3 in 2016, as was announced before TASM 2's release.
In late July 2014, Sony officially stated that The Amazing Spider-Man 3 was delayed four years to 2018 and again in September to 2017.
On February 9th, 2015, Marvel confirmed via their official website that Sony and Marvel Studios have reached an agreement to allow Spider-Man to appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. After an appearance in a MCU film, Spider-Man was given a solo movie in 2017 called Spider-Man: Homecoming with a new actor, replacing Andrew Garfield.
The film was released on June 28 or July 6 in Australia 2017 by Sony, but occurs in the Marvel Cinematic Universe the only thing this movie has in common with the cancelled TASM 3 is the villain Vulture who would have been one of 6 villains to appeared in TASM3 as part of the Sinister Six build up.
Information that was confirmedEdit
- Marc Webb was going to direct.
- Andrew Garfield was returning to play Peter Parker (Spider-Man).
- Paul Giamatti stated that he was going to return as Rhino for The Amazing Spider-Man 3.
- Dane DeHaan would come back as the Green Goblin or just Harry Osborn but presumably Green Goblin.
- Chris Cooper said he was guaranteed a huge role in The Amazing Spider-Man 3 as Norman Osborn.
- The plot was supposed to focus on Peter grieving over Gwen’s death, he was going to use his blood to revive the people in his life that had died. He was rumoured to face several villains including Rhino, Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin, Vulture, Kraven the Hunter, and Mysterio.
- The Sinister Six and or any member could reappear from the Sinister Six film.
- Mary Jane might have made her first appearance in the film, following Gwen's death.
- Cletus Kasady might have made a full appearance or cameo.
- Edward Brock, Jr. was rumored to make a full appearance to set up a symbiote arc of some sort, or for the Venom film that was being planned.
- J. Jonah Jameson might have been in the movie.
- In late April 2014, when asked if J. Jonah Jameson would be in The Amazing Spider-Man 3 film, Marc Webb replied with: "I like the idea very much of him coming up in the next film. It was more easy to accept a new Spider-Man than someone who could out do J.K. Simmons in that role, he is so iconic. That's something we've really talked about. Obviously I love that character because he poses such an interesting dilemma for Spider-Man. The answer is I don't know, but I think you can expect to see him in the future."
- George Stacy might have been in the movie.
- In early July 2015 Denis Leary was asked if he was disappointed there would not be an an end to the story he helped start. Denis Leary replied with: "Possibly in 3, there was this idea at one point that Spider-Man would be able to take this formula and regenerate the people in his life that had died. So, there was this discussion that Captain Stacy would come back even bigger in episode 3."
- The Gentleman might have been in the film.
- In early July 2015 Marc Webb was asked which characters he wanted to get to in The Amazing Spider-Man 3 is it had happened. Webb replied with: "There's the man in the hat, this obscure character called The Gentleman, who gets the Sinister Six together. That would've been fun to play out," Webb said. "Venom, obviously I would've been curious to see."
|Sam Raimi Trilogy|
|Spider-Man | Spider-Man 2 | Spider-Man 3|
|Marc Webb Duology|
|The Amazing Spider-Man | The Amazing Spider-Man 2|
|Spider-Man (1977 film)|
|James Cameron's canceled Spider-Man movie | Spider-Man 4 | The Amazing Spider-Man 3|
|Marvel Cinematic Universe|
|Captain America: Civil War | Spider-Man: Homecoming | Avengers: Infinity War | Avengers 4 | Spider-Man: Far From Home | Spider-Man 3|
|Sony's Marvel Universe|
|Venom | Silver & Black|
|Sam Raimi | Marc Webb | E.W. Swackhamer | Jon Watts|