|So, as someone once said, --- Up --- Up --- and AWAY! -Peter Parker (Earth-616)
This article is plagiarized.
It seems another editor of the Spider-Man Wiki has added information directly copied from another website/database. Please edit this article to make it more original.
|Real name:||Miguel O'Hara|
|First Appearance:||Amazing Spider-Man #365|
|Created by:||Peter David, Rick Leonardi|
|Place of Birth:||New York, U.S.A.|
|Base:||His apartment at Babylon Towers (a division of Alchemax)|
|Affiliations:||Lyla, Formerly employed by Alchemax|
|Abilities:||O'Hara is a skilled and gifted geneticist. He is also a formidable hand to hand combat, despite the fact that he's had little formal training. He uses a special freestyle of fighting that allows him to make full use of his strength, speed, and agility|
|Weight:||170 lbs (77 kg)|
|Unique Features:||Fangs, talons|
"You're as brave and unselfish as another guy who goes by the handle Spider-Man. You're a worthy successor to the name."
Spider-Man 2099 Meets Spider-Man
Revelations, Nightshade, and One Nation Under Doom
Venom, Submariner, and Goblin 2099
Edge of Time
After series cancellation
Powers & Abilities
O'Hara possesses a variety of superhuman attributes after being genetically imprinted with the DNA of a spider.
- Superhuman Strength: O'Hara possesses the proportionate strength of a spider. At his peak, he possesses sufficient superhuman strength to lift up to 10 tons. O'Hara's great strength also extends to his legs, allowing him to leap great distances. He has been known to leap to heights of at least 30 feet in a single bound.
- Superhuman Speed: O'Hara can run and move at speeds that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Stamina: O'Hara's advanced musculature generates less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of a normal human. At his peak, he can physically exert himself for at least several hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him.
- Superhuman Durability: O'Hara's body is harder and more resistant to certain types of physical injury than the body of an ordinary human, though he's far from invulnerable. His bodily tissues are conditioned to allow him to withstand great impact forces and he has resisted impacts, such as falling from a height of many stories and being repeatedly struck by a super-humanly strong opponent, that would severely injure or kill a normal human with little to no injury to himself.
- Superhuman Agility: O'Hara's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are all enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Reflexes: O'Hara's reflexes are similarly enhanced and are superior to those of the finest human athlete.
- Accelerated Vision: O'Hara's visual acuity is considerably beyond that of a normal human. O'Hara can see objects at much greater distances, with perfect clarity, relative to an ordinary human. O'Hara possesses this same level of clarity at night, enabling him to see in near-complete darkness. It is possible that he is able to see into the infra-red end of the electromagnetic spectrum, enabling him to see a person's body heat. the flicker-fusion horizon(the speed at which some objects appear as a blur) in his eyes is superior to other people. what appears as a blur to most people, he can see perfectly. It also acts as a type of early warning, not the degree of a spider-sense but he is able to see and attack coming from far away.
- Rapid Healing: O'Hara's accelerated metabolism affords him a rapid healing ability that lets him regenerate damaged bodily tissue faster and more extensively than a normal human is capable of. Injuries such as slashes or puncture woulds can heal completely within a matter of hours. It isn't known if O'Hara's healing powers afford him greater resistance to toxins or diseases; nor if they grant him an extended lifespan. O'Hara healing factor isn't sufficiently enhanced to regenerate severed limbs or missing organs. although he heals at a greater rate than a normal human, he doesn't possess an actual superhuman healing factor.
- Talons and Fangs: O'Hara possesses elongated canine teeth that secrete a paralyzing, though non-toxic, venom. He also possesses short, retractable talons at the tips of his fingers and toes that he uses to dig into surfaced, enabling him to crawl along them as a spider might. The talons are also razor sharp and, coupled with his great strength, are able to rend materials as durable as cinder block.
- Spinnerets: Both of O'Hara's forearms contain a set of spinnerets that release a very strong and sticky web-like substance from the back of his wrists. O'Hara can use this webbing to swing from building to building with or as a means of restraining an individual. Unlike the original spider-man, O'Hara's webs are organic and are chemically identical to real spider silk.
- Enhanced Resilience: O'Hara has a level of resilience far greater than most humans. He once fell off a building and effortlessly walked to a hospital, where a doctor said that with broken ribs and massive fractures, it was amazing that he could even stand up.
- Accelerated Decoy: Allows O'Hara to move so fast that he can leave behind a body double for enemies to attack.
- Spider-Sense: Originally O'Hara did not possess a Spider-Sense as the original Spider-Man did. However, in Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Madame Web passed on this power to him to aid him. It is presumed that he no longer has this ability as he has not used it since.
- O'Hara is a skilled and gifted geneticist. He is also a formidable hand to hand combat, despite the fact that he's had little formal training. He uses a special freestyle of fighting that allows him to make full use of his strength, speed, and agility.
- His eyes are extremely light-sensitive. He can't retract his fangs, so he has had to learn to talk in a way that hides his fangs, making communication difficult.
- Costume: O'Hara's costume is made of unstable molecules, similar to the Fantastic Four's Future Foundation costumes, that are designed to resist tearing of his claws. The costume also includes a light air foil on its back. This foil emits a low concentration of anti-gravity particles that allow O'Hara to glide on currents of air.
- Spider-Man, a "Spider-Man 2099" costume was an unlockable for Spider-Man.
- The unlockable costume returned in the game's sequel, Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro.
- Miguel O'Hara's 2099 costume is a Wii exclusive unlockable costume for Spider-Man: Web of Shadows by completing 50 city events.
- Spider-Man 2099 is a playable character in the Marvel Super Hero Squad video game.
- Spider-Man 2099 is a playable character in Marvel Super Hero Squad Online.
- In 2010's Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Miguel O'Hara as Spider-Man is one of four versions of Spider-Man featured as playable protagonists voiced by Dan Gilvezan, who played the role of Peter Parker in the 1980s cartoon series Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends.
- In 2011's Spider-Man: Edge of Time Miguel O'Hara is playable as a character and voiced by Christopher Daniel Barnes, who provided the voice of Spider-Man in the 1994 TV series. In the game, he is trying to stop Sloan from rewriting history by allowing Alchemax to be founded ahead of schedule. He makes a chronal link with Peter Parker to help him out, but is annoyed by his attitude. He travels back into the past to help Peter survive being killed by Anti-Venom and helps defeat an evil version of Peter (who is now Alchamax's CEO, having lived off of anti-aging pills) along with an Atrocity created from a mixture of Anti-Venom, Doctor Octopus, and Sloan.
- Originally Miguel O'Hara did not possess a Spider-Sense as the original Spider-Man did. However, in the video game Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Madame Web passed on this power to him to aid him. However, this ability has not appeared outside of Shattered Dimensions.
- A television series for Miguel O'Hara/Spider-Man 2099 was considered in the late 1990's however the series was turned down in favor for the short lived, Spider-Man: Unlimited.
- Miguel is Irish on his biological father's side (Tyler Stone) and Mexican on his mom's side (Conchata O'Hara).
- Miguel's password is Lyla.
- Miguel does not know what a toaster, a cell phone, or the world series is.
- In Spider-Man 2099 Meets Spider-Man Vol. 1 #1 Miguel met Mary Jane Watson when he woke up time displaced in bed with her and later on in the comic they became friends after they introduced themselves to each other, but in Spider Man: Edge of Time Miguel has no idea who she was. Miguel asked Spider Man to describe her appearance, when she was attacked by the tentacles Miguel called her name but Mary Jane ran because she could not recognize his voice or his costume. The reason for this is due to the events of One More Day , Peter and MJ are no longer married so at the point in time where Miguel would have arrived, it no longer existed. Miguel, however should've remembered due to being from an alternate timeline.