|This article contains information about a topic that may change as more information becomes available.|
You can help the Spider-Man Wiki by updating it with confirmed infomation. Thanks!
Remove template ONLY if incoming information has stopped.
|Developed by:||Insomniac Games|
Spider-Man (aka Marvel's Spider-Man) is a video game currently in development by Insomniac Games.
It is confirmed that the game will be a console exclusive, solely debuting on the PlayStation 4.
It was unveiled during Sony's press conference at E3 2016 and a look at the gameplay was revealed the following year.
This will be the first Spider-Man game that won't be developed by Activision.
This version of Spider-Man will appear in an upcoming Spider-Geddon event.
Peter Parker is 23-years-old and is about to graduate from college while being an intern at a laboratory. He has been Spider-Man for the past eight years and is hoping to live a normal life with Wilson Fisk, aka Kingpin, behind bars.
Meanwhile, a new gang called the "Inner Demons" arrive and commit crimes in New York. Their leader is philanthropist Martin Li, aka Mister Negative, who owns and operates F.E.A.S.T. homeless shelters, whom Aunt May happens to volunteer for.
Not much information has been given, but from the trailer, it appears that the free roaming will be available throughout an expansive New York City, including some buildings, and that there will be a variety of combat techniques used in battle.
It has some gameplay mechanics that were once appeared in all mostly previous Activision’s 3D Spider-Man games. However, some side or crime fighting missions like rescuing a baloon or pizza delivery from Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man 2 game won’t be in this game. The web swing button function is once again to have only 1 button much like all previous Spider-Man third person action games, excluding The Amazing Spider-Man 2 game which had 2 buttons of web swing inputs.
Players will also play as Peter during parts of the game. Not only that, Mary Jane has a significant role. She won’t be just a bystander, so players will even play as MJ for key moments. Aside featuring Spider-Man’s rogues like Sinister Six (currently confirmed to be Mister Negative, Shocker, Rhino, Electro, Scorpion), including Kingpin (although already confirmed as a regular NPC) and Taskmaster, it also features many cameos and mentioned from other Marvel Universe, such as Daredevil, Doctor Strange and The Avengers.
- Be Spider-Man – An experienced Spider-Man with several years of crime fighting under his belt, Peter Parker has sheer mastery of his powerful spider-sense, dynamic skills, acrobatic abilities, and new suit.
- Original Story – An all-new Spider-Man universe featuring familiar characters in unfamiliar roles. Peter Parker deals with his complex dual life as a young adult with great powers, discovering how his many relationships evolve.
- Blockbuster Action in an Open World – Swing freely through Marvel’s New York City as Spider-Man through blockbuster action set-pieces filled with a rich narrative and relate-able characters.
- Costume Changes: Changing costumes has returned from previous Spider-Man games.
- Weather and Daytime Changes: After finishing the game, players can change weathers and daytimes, similar to Ultimate Spider-Man.
- New Game+: Allows player to restart from the beginning of the game or created their own save game, including on restart fighting the previous bosses the player has fought in their first full gameplay.
- Classic Mainstream Spider-Man
- Spider-Man Noir
- Marvel Cinematic Universe Homemade Spider-Man
- Spider-Punk (DLC Pack 1/Pre-Order)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe Avengers Infinity War Iron Spider (DLC Pack 1/Pre-Order)
- Unidentified DLC Suit 3 (DLC Pack 1/Pre-Order)