|Real name:||Donna Diego|
|First Appearance:||Venom Lethal Protector #14 (May, 1993)|
|Created by:|| David Michelinie|
|Place of Birth:||Unknown|
|Affiliations:||Formerly Life Foundation (Earth-616)|
|Abilities:||None; Abilities stem from symbiote costume|
Little has been revealed about Donna Diego's early life. Donna had a history of psychotic episodes, but despite this she passed a background check and became a security guard for the Life Foundation. The Life Foundation scientists eventually kidnapped Venom. Each symbiote is capable of asexually reproducing up to seven times during its lifespan (although only once is required to survive).
Each of these "births" begins with a pocket of nutrients inside of a symbiote called a "seed". Hence all symbiotes each have seven of these seeds within their bodies. The Life Foundation hoped to learn more about and perhaps even control one of these alien symbiotes.
Thus the Life Foundation forcibly removed and force-grew one of these seeds, located within the Venom symbiote. Donna Diego was the chosen host to bond with this new symbiote. While testing her new powers, Diego attacked a mall in Salinas, California. She encountered Spider-Man, who she learned was looking for Venom. She fled back to the Life Foundation's base in the Mojave Desert, but Spider-Man was able to stow away on her hovercraft and released Venom from captivity upon his arrival.
When Eddie lost his symbiote and went to Ryker's Island, Scream began to have trouble coexisting with her immature symbiote and hoped that Venom would be able to help her. Scream managed to facilitate his escape and reunite him with his symbiote. Eddie was less than greatful, and swung away without breathing a word. Donna eventually managed to gain a measure of control over her symbiote. She soon learned of an alien called Xenophage that fed on symbiotes and was on it's way to Earth. She informed Venom of this delimma, and together they destroyed it.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
- While at first Donna could not properly control her "other," Scream eventually began using more advanced powers granted by the symbiote, including camouflage and limited shapeshifting.
- Due to the time that the Venom symbiote spent bonded to Spider-Man, the Scream symbiote has inherited the ability to grant all of its subsequents hosts with all of Peter's superhuman powers.
- Unlike her "father", Venom, she also possesses Peter's Spider-Sense, and, like her father, she cannot be detected by Peter's Spider-Sense (as it was bonded to Peter for so long, that his Spider-Sense no longer registers it as a threat).
- Since Spider-Man's fighting style is partly dependent on his Spider-Sense, his effectiveness is somewhat hampered when he battles Scream.
- The level of Superhuman strength that the Scream Symbiote endows its hosts with enables Donna to lift up to 35 tons or 70,000 Pounds, and contains a small "Dimensional Aperture", allowing her to carry up to 5 tons of items without adding weight or mass to her symbiotes.
- Donna's symbiote is able to transform to mimic any human being or article of clothing imaginable. It communicates with telepathy and does not require physical contact to influence the minds of others. It can also blend with any background, using an optic-camouflage type of effect.