|So, as someone once said, --- Up --- Up --- and AWAY! - Peter Parker
This article is plagiarized.
It seems the information on this article is mostly or entirely copied from another source. Please edit this article to make it more original.
|Full name:||Roderick Kingsley|
|First Appearance:|| Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #43 (as Roderick Kingsley)|
Amazing Spider-Man #238 (as Hobgoblin)
Amazing Spider-Man #691 (as Devil-Spider)
Amazing Spider-Man #696 (Return as Hobgoblin)
|Created by:||Roger Stern, Mike Zeck|
|Place of Birth:||Belize|
|Base:||New York City; formerly Belize, Central America and the Caribbean|
|Affiliations:||Formerly Kingsley Ltd|
|Powers/Abilities:||Keen analytical intellect, knowledge of chemistry and biology, master of hypnosis and drug induced mind control, highly skilled in the management of both criminal organizations and legally run professional businesses, talented fashion designer|
|Height:||5' 11" (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||185 lbs (84 kg)|
"Well, Norman Osborn may have died, but his legacy-- His power-- Will live on! And this time, it shall be shaped by a man who knows how to use power!... ...The Green Goblin is no more! But in his place now stands-- the Hobgoblin!! "
Roderick Kingsley (of Earth-616) is the original and current Hobgoblin and the former CEO of Kingsley Ltd. Recently, Roderick has been responsible for the rise of many copy cat super villains by selling them mass produced copys of costumes and equipment used by famous supervillains who are either missing, inactive, or dead.
Birth of the Hobgoblin
The Puppet Master
Coming out of Retirement
Hobgoblin vs. Green Goblin
Powers and Abilities
Much like the Green Goblin, the Goblin Formula gave Roderick superhuman powers.
- Superhuman Strength: Roderick became super-strong. He was strong enough to at least match Spider-Man's strength. He can lift approximately 8 tons.
- Superhuman Speed: Roderick can run and operate at superhuman speeds.
- Superhuman Stamina: Roderick's body produces less fatigue toxins, allowing him to work at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue begins to wear him down.
- Superhuman Durability: Roderick's body tissues, skeletal and musculature structure were enhanced by the Goblin Formula, making it more stronger than any human beings. He is durable enough to survive punctured and gunshot wounds, blunt force traumas, powerful impacts (e.g., falls from great heights) and being struck by another super-humanly strong opponent.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: It is still possible for Roderick to sustain injury. IF he does, his body's increased metabolism allows him to heal damaged tissue much faster and more extensively than a normal human is capable of. While not as efficient as other superhumans', he can heal from injuries from a matter of days that would prove lethal to an ordinary human.
- Superhuman Agility: Hobgoblin's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Reflexes: His reflexes are similarly enhanced and are superior to those of the finest human athlete.
Roderick wears bulletproof chain mail with an overlapping tunic, cape, and cowl. A "trademark" of this armor, and an 'improvement' over the Green Goblin's armor, is built into the finger-blasters; the computerized system cybernetically causes the blasters to randomly vary their attack vectors when trained on a particular target, with the end result being a stream of firepower that even Spider-Man has had trouble dodging.
Roderick uses a Goblin Glider as his personal transport. It can reach high velocities and is extremely maneuverable. It is a one-man miniature turbo-fan powered vertical thrust, cybernetically-controlled vehicle, and is heavily armored.
Roderick uses concussion and incendiary Pumpkin Bombs, wraith-shaped smoke and gas-emitting bombs, bat shaped razor-edged throwing blades, and gloves woven with micro-circuited power conducting filaments which channel pulsed discharges of electricity. He wears a shoulder bag to carry his small, portable weaponry.
- For many years, the original Hobgoblin was believed to have been Ned Leeds, who died in East Germany. The story which identified Ned as the Hobgoblin was written after the departure of the character's creator, Roger Stern. After more than a decade, Stern finally had the chance to reveal the truth. The Hobgoblin was none other than Roderick Kingsley, one of the hot suspects for the role at the time of the original stories.