| This has got to be the worst alternate universe ever. -Spider-Man
Hey! Article is a stub. This means that it is short and needs more information, or should be expanded with up to date information, if there is any new information. You can help the Spider-Man Wiki by expanding it. Thanks!
|Full name:||Richard Rider|
|First Appearance:||Nova #1 (September 1976)|
|Created by:||Marv Wolfman, John Buscema|
|Place of Birth:||Hempstead, New York|
|Affiliations:|| Formerly Secret Avengers|
Champions of Xandar
|Powers/Abilities:|| Flight, superhuman strength, durability, and speed|
Able to exert influence over gravitational forces and open wormholes
|Height:||6' 1" (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||190 lbs (86 kg)|
Upon becoming a member of the an intergalactic police force known as the Nova Corps, he gained superpowers including enhanced strength, flight, and injury resistance. He also wears a specialized uniform with life support.
After going to the Cancerverse to save the Guardians of the Galaxy, Thanos had summoned Death to destory the Cancerverse. Nova and Star-Lord remained to stop Thanos from destorying any more realities. Nova, Star-Long and Thanos, were thought dead, with a statue built in the heroes memory. Thanos and Star-Lord were found out to be alive, meaning Nova could also be.
- Peter Parker, paralyzed in this reality due to the spider-bite that gave him his powers in the true Marvel Universe, is bitter at the world due to his useless legs and his Aunt May's death from shock after she first learned about his paralysis. When he acquired the Nova powers, Peter flew home to reveal his good fortune to his Uncle Ben, only to surprise the burglar when he was attempting to rob the house, resulting in the burglar's bullet ricocheting off the Nova armor and killing him. Stricken with grief at his role in a man's death, Peter throws the costume away vowing never to use it again.
IGN ranked Nova as the 98th greatest comic book character, calling Nova a blend of Spider-Man and Green Lantern. They also stated that Nova experiences a growth into maturity through the Annihilation Wave storyline where Nova embraced his destiny as a premier defender of a battered galaxy.
- His costume's internal computer includes a music library.
- Nova shares the nickname "Buckethead" with fellow Warrior Darkhawk.
- In the Ultimate Spider-Man TV series, Spider-Man calls Nova (Sam Alexander) "Buckethead" as well.
- Nova has been mad at the Avengers for not joining and refused to be shown up by them, often taking the situation to his own hands. He has been called a "bush-league trying to make it in the majors" by one of the committee who were making the show.