|So, as someone once said, --- Up --- Up --- and AWAY! - Peter Parker
This article is plagiarized.
It seems the information on this article is mostly or entirely copied from another source. Please edit this article to make it more original.
|Full name:||Richard Deacon|
|First Appearance:||Amazing Spider-Man Annual #10|
|Created by:||Bill Mantlo and Gil Kane|
|Place of Birth:||U.S.A.|
|Height:||5' 11" (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||200 lbs (91 kg)|
"My wings are full of death poison! My belly full of-- glorff. You listening, Kingpin? I'm eatin' your assassin. You hear me chewin'?!"
Richard Deacon, better known as the Human Fly, was once a smalltime criminal until he agreed to be part an experiment that gave him the powers of a fly. Originally the experiment only made Richard enough of a fly so, he'd have the powers of one, but over the years the transformation has progressed to the point where Richard is more fly then man.
Powers & Abilities
Richard Deacon possesses various superhuman attributes as a result of having various genetic traits of a common housefly imprinted onto his own genetic code.
- Superhuman Strength: Deacon possesses the proportinate physical strength of a 200 pound housefly. As a result, he is superhumanly strong and is capable of lifting approximately 3 tons.
- Superhuman Stamina: Deacon's musculature now generates less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human. Deacon can exert himself physically at peak capacity for about 6 hours before fatigue begins to impair him.
- Superhuman Durability: The tissues of Deacon's body are somewhat harder and tougher than those of an ordinary human. While far from invulnerable, Deacon is able to withstand impact and concussive forces that would severely injure or kill a normal human with little to no discomfort. For instance, Deacon can withstand a fall from a height of 40 feet without sustaining even the slightest injury, provided he lands on his feet.
- Superhuman Agility: Deacon's natural agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical capability of even the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Deacon's reaction time is similarly enhanced. His reflexes are superior to those of even the finest human athlete.
- Adhesive Capability: Deacon's toes and fingers are covered in small, adhesive-secreting glands that enable him to cling to most conventional materials, similar to that of Spider-Man though this ability isn't nearly as developed as his.
- Multi-Faceted Eyes: Deacon's globular, multi-faceted eyes enable him to see 360 degrees above, around, or below his head at all times. Whereas human eyes confine perception to a narrow field of view, Deacon's eyes devote equal importance an all possible viewpoint angles.
- Acid vomit: Deacon can produce an acid capable of destroying tissues and different types of metal.