|So, as someone once said, --- Up --- Up --- and AWAY! - Peter Parker
This article is plagiarized.
It seems the information on this article is mostly or entirely copied from another source. Please edit this article to make it more original.
|Full name:||Phillip Urich|
|First Appearance:|| Web of Spider-Man #125 (as Green Goblin)
Amazing Spider-Man #649 (as Hobgoblin)
Superior Spider-Man #16 (as Goblin Knight)
Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 3 #5 (as Goblin King)
|Created by:||Terry Kavanagh, Steven Butler|
|Place of Birth:||Unknown|
|Affiliations:||Goblin Underground; formerly The Kingpin, The Hand, The DB!, Daily Bugle|
|Powers/Abilities:||Goblin formula grants enhanced strength, speed, and agility.|
|Weight:||140 lbs (64 kg)|
"That's it. I tried to do this the classy way, but he wouldn't back off. Let's face it... there's only one way this was ever gonna end. You should be flattered, Randy, old pal. I charge the Kingpin five figures to kill somebody. But you, I'm gonna do for free."
Phil Urich (of Earth-616), also known as the Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, and Goblin Knight, was the fourth person to assume the Green Goblin identity, but the first one to use the identity as a hero rather than a villain. He eventually fails at this and then assumes the identity of the seventh Hobgoblin and operates as a villain. Then after falling at being the Hobgoblin, Phil joins the Goblin Undergorund and assumes the identity of the Goblin Knight.
The Heroic Green Goblin
"Oh, Man! This Goblin gig is a real rush... but it could also prove extremely hazardous to my health!"
The Villainous Hobgoblin
Powers & Abilities
Urich possesses superhuman agility, strength (enabling him to lift 14 tons), speed, stamina, and dexterity, as well as a "healing factor" that allows him to quickly heal even from such lethal bodily damage such as being stabbed through the chest by large blades. In addition, the serum also greatly enhanced his intellect, making him a bona fide genius that is capable of making advanced breakthroughs in areas of genetics, robotics, engineering, physics and chemistry. The defects in his personality were strongly augmented by the serum, resulting in dangerous mood-swings and hallucinations. Urich also possesses a sonic scream he calls the Lunatic Laugh. Initially thought to be part of the mask, the laugh seems to be an actual power of the Hobgoblin. With the help of Reverbium his 'Lunatic Laugh' can become powerful enough to cause a building to collapse. Phil seems to be immune to his 'Lunatic Laugh' but it is unknown if he is immune to other sonic attacks.
- Goblin Suit: A costume composed of a chain-mail mesh capable of deflecting small arms fire
- Goblin Mask: The Goblin Mask causes a chemical reaction with the Goblin formula, giving Phil superhuman strength and durability while wearing it.
- Goblin Gloves: The gloves contains finger blasters which could shoot electricity or a blinding flash.
- Goblin Boots: The Goblin costume's boots have small jets that let him hover, although he mainly uses his wings for transportation.
- Goblin Glider: A bat-shaped, one-man, rocket-propelled glider armed with heat-seeking missiles, machine guns, and retractable blades.
- Glider Cam: A Camera fixed onto the nose of the Goblin Glider
- Flight: Originally, Phil used his Goblin Glider and boots to fly while he using the Green Goblin persona, but after adopting the Hobgoblin persona, he now uses artificial wings to fly while in said persona.
- The Excel: A Rick Jones-designed hovercraft, controlled in the same fashion as Phil's Goblin Glider.
- Phil is beset by haunting dreams of Norman and Harry Osborn telling him those who wear the costume are doomed.
- Much like Peter Parker, Phil has an uncle named Ben, and works for the Daily Bugle by taking pictures of his alter-ego and selling them.