|Real name:||Peter Parker|
|Aliases:||The Human Spider, The Wall-Crawler, The Web-Slinger, Web-Head, Spidey|
|Age:|| 18 (first movie)|
20 (second movie)
23 (third movie)
|Height:||5' 9" (1.75 m)|
|Weight:||170 lbs (77 kg)|
|Relatives/friends:|| Aunt May|
Mary Jane Watson (girlfriend)
Harry Osborn (best friend)
|Portrayed by:||Tobey Maguire|
"Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: With great power comes great responsibility. This is my gift. My curse. Who am I? I'm Spider-Man."
In Spider-Man, Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) is an orphaned high school student living with his Aunt May and Uncle Ben. He burns with love for his next door neighbor, Mary Jane Watson (Kirsten Dunst). Peter's life changes forever while he is on a class field trip and is bitten by a genetically-enhanced spider which had escaped from its container. After that day, Peter begins to develop odd abilities, such as clinging to walls, and shooting web-like material from his wrists. He uses these new-found skills to his advantage, participating in a wrestling match in order to win some money. Peter wins the match, but the dealer refuses to give him the amount of money that was promised. Moments after Peter leaves the dealer's office, it is robbed, but in an act of revenge, he allows the robber to escape with the stolen money. Later that night, it is discovered that the robber had murdered Peter's Uncle Ben when he refused to hand over his car. After that night, Peter uses his Uncle's death as motivation, and becomes the crime-fighter Spider-Man. A new evil turns up in New York, an evil known as the Green Goblin. Peter must use his abilities to defeat the menace, but he may need to take drastic measures in order to do so. Measures that might destroy everything he ever loved.Alfred Molina). Peter's lifelong love for Mary Jane Watson becomes even stronger as he fights the impulse to abandon his secret life and declare his love. In the meantime, M.J. has moved on with her life, embarked on an acting career, and gained a new man in her life. Peter's relationship with his best friend, Harry Osborn (James Franco), has been overshadowed by the young C.E.O.'s growing antipathy for Spider-Man, whom he holds responsible for his father's death. Peter learns to accept his fate and harness all his superhero talents in order to stop the diabolical Doctor Octopus in quest for infinite nuclear power. The film ends with Mary Jane calling off her wedding and
declaring that she would start a relationship with Peter (having learned that he was Spider-Man), regardless of the danger (or complications) it might inhere.
In Spider-Man 3, an alien Symbiote attaches itself to Peter's Spider-Man costume and displays the dark, arrogant, hateful side of his personality. He also discovers that the real killer of Uncle Ben is Flint Marko (Thomas Haden Church), who has recently become The Sandman. After sometime, Peter gets rid of the costume, but it bonds with Eddie Brock, who, as such, becomes the monstrous Venom. Venom kidnaps Mary Jane, and when Spider-Man attempts to save her he is brutally beaten by the combined powers of Venom and The Sandman. He is saved by Harry, and together they fight The Sandman and Venom. When Venom attempts to impale Peter, Harry jumps in front of the glider, mirroring the way his father died. Peter then uses one of Harry's pumpkin bombs to annihilate both The Symbiote and Eddie Brock. At the end of the film, he forgives The Sandman for killing his uncle (which is revealed to have been an accident).
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Spider Physiology: After being bitten by a genetically altered "super" spider, Peter Parker/Spider-Man possesses the proportionate powers of a spider. His powers include:
- Spider-Sense: Spider-Man possesses an extrasensory "danger" or "spider" sense which warns him of danger by the manifestation of a tingling sensation inside his brain, and rapid links with his superhuman kinesthetics, enabling him to evade most any injuries, unless he cognitively overrides his automatic reflexes. The precise nature of this sense is unknown. It appears to be a simultaneous clairvoyant response to a wide variety of phenomena (everything from falling safes, speeding bullets, thrown punches, etc), which means has given several hundred of a second warning, which is sufficient speed for his reflexes to allow him to avoid injury with a subtle "thunk" that sounds like a combination of someone hitting a basedrum immediately followed by a high pitched bell ringing sound. The more imminent and threatening the danger is, the stronger the tingling, sudden and extreme threats can cause the spider-sense to react with painful intensity with a buzzing sensation, the spider-sense gives Peter augmented attention and awareness to his surroundings which that is how he looks where he shoots his webbing. even that he does not have to use his eyesight or if his sight is blinded, he can still use his spider-sense in a similar fashion to Daredevil's Radar Sense to help him see the direction the danger is coming from by listening to the loudest sound around him and the spider-sense is more powerful than Daredevil's Radar Sense because it is able to rapidly slow down or rapidly freeze the perception of time, space and reality to help the spider-sense to rapidly navigate on the dangers of where are they coming from to allow Spider-Man to avoid or dodge them even without looking, Although the spider-sense does not react to those that Spider-Man does not consider as a threat, such as Aunt May. the tinging sensation that warns Spider-Man of danger and how to dodge or avoid it, Spider-Man can choose to ignore it though intense concentration, This ability is limitlessly passive and limitlessly uncontrollable.
- Superhuman Strength: Spider-Man possesses superhuman strength enabling him to lift 10 tons. Spider-Man's physical strength is sufficient to lift and throw objects as heavy as most standard automobiles with ease. He must also pull his punches and kicks unless fighting someone of similar or greater physical durability. Otherwise, his blows would prove fatal to a normal human being. Spider-Man's physical strength also extends into his legs, enabling him to be able to jump to a height of several stories in a single bound.
- Superhuman Leaping: As a result of the spider's bite, Peter can leap higher than a normal human, easily capable of leaping over a street to the next and enabling the ability to leap to a height of several stories in a single bound.
- Superhuman Jumping: As a result of the spider's bite, Peter can jump higher than a normal human, easily capable of jumping over a street to the next and enabling the ability to jump to a height of several stories in a single bound.
- Superhuman Speed: Spider-Man can run and move at speeds that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete. Spider-Man is faster than any accelerating vehicle, but this gets improved by web-silinging, Spider-Man is too fast for the normal human eyesight, he appears, disappears and reappears as fast as a blur, this exact extect of speed has yet to be determined and he is ultimately capable of running at speeds in excess of 200 miles per hour.
- Superhuman Stamina: Spider-Man's advanced musculature produces less fatigue toxins during physical activity than an ordinary human. This allows him to exert himself physically for much longer periods of time before fatigue begins to impair him. At his peak, Spider-Man can physically exert himself for several hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him.
- Superhuman Durability: Spider-Man's body is physically tougher and more resistant to some types of injury than the body of a normal human. His body is more resistant to impact forces than anything else. He can withstand great impacts, such as falling from a height of several stories or being struck by superhumanly strong opponents, that would severely injure or kill a normal human unharmed.
- Superhuman Agility: Spider-Man's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are all enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. Spider-Man is extraordinarily limber and his tendons and connective tissues are twice as elastic as the average human being's, despite their enhanced strength. He has the combined agility and acrobatic prowess of the most accomplished circus aerialists and acrobats. He can also perform any complicated sequence of gymnastic stunts such as flips, rolls, and springs. He can easily top any Olympic record at gymnastics apparatus such as flying rings, climbing ropes, horizontal bars, trampoline.
- Superhuman Flexibility: Spider-Man's flexibility is similarly enhanced and is currently about 100 times greater the those of normal human's. Due to his incredible flexibility, Spider-Man is extremely acrobatic and is able to preform high jumps, somersaults, flips, etc.
- Superhuman Equilbrium: Spider-Man possesses the ability to achieve a state of perfect equilibrium in any position imaginable. He seems able to adjust his position by instinct, which enables him to balance himself on virtually any object, no matter how small or narrow with little effort.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Spider-Man's reflexes are similarly enhanced and are currently about 300 times greater than those of an ordinary human. In combination with his speed, agility and Spider-Sense, the speed of his reflexes allows him to avoid or dodge any attack, or even gunfire, if he is far enough away.
- Superhuman Senses: Spider-Man's senses are heightened, specifically his sight as he no longer needs his glasses after the spider's bite. He also has perfect aim, as his webs never miss, even when he's not looking, He is able to see people or things a distance away and see anyone and anything an accelerated rate.
- Organic Webbing Generation: In the Sam Raimi movie trilogy, Spider-Man was also gifted with the ability to organically produce his own silk webbing from glands within his forearms, limited by his body's health and nutrition. These organic webs have many of the same properties as a spider. Thanks to its similar properties, it appears Spider-Man can utilize his organic webbing in any way he could with his artificial webbing. The silk is released through a spinneret near each wrist containing a central web spigot orifice used for web-slinging and drag lines, supplemented by several radial minor spigots for other types of webs connected to specialized glands.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Spider-Man rapidly regenerates from harm rapidly faster and more extensively than a normal human and rapidly regenerates harm that normal human cannot heal from. After getting his powers, he soon found that his eyesight was repaired, discarding his glasses. rapidly heal from mental harm in a matter of minutes and physical harm in a matter of hours. Thanks to his regenerative power he is more immune to the effects of alcohol and drugs. It is unknown if the power slows down aging process.
- Wall-Crawling: Spider-Man's exposure to the mutated spider venom induced a mutagenic, cerebellum-wide attraction of his engrams resulting in the ability to mentally control the flux of inter-atomic attraction (electrostatic force) between molecular boundary layers. This overcomes the outer electron shell's normal behavior of mutual repulsion with other outer electron shells permits the tremendous potential for this has yet to be identified. this ability to affect the attraction between surfaces is so far limited to Spider-Man's body (especially concentrated in his hands and feet) and another object, with an upper limit of several tons per finger. Limits to this ability seem to be psychosomatic, and the full nature of ability has yet to be established.
- Genius-Level Intellect: Peter Parker is very smart as he has an expert in all kinds of science. Peter goes from a science whiz in high school to a laboratory assistant of Dr. Connors and a brilliant Columbia University physics student who is at the top of his class as he becomes secure with his dual roles.
- Science Major: His knowledge of science has impressed the likes of Norman Osborn, Otto Octavius, and Doctor Connors. Considered a genius by Harry and Gwen, he has shown himself to be knowledgeable in mechanics, quantum mechanics, photonics, nuclear fusion, acoustics, and nanotechnology.
- Skilled Photographer: Peter is a very skilled photographer.
- Master Acrobat: Thanks to his superhuman agility, reflexes and strength, Peter is a very skilled acrobat and gymnast. He is skilled in all kinds of acrobatics and gymnastics as he uses these to dodge gunfire.
- Expert Combatant: Thanks to his superhuman physiology, reflexes, and spider-sense, Peter Parker (Spider-Man) is a very skilled hand-to-hand combatant, despite never learning any fighting skills. He is shown to be able to take down the likes of the Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Sandman (in human form), and Venom along with a group of thugs.
- Spider-Sense Disruption: Due to Spider-Man being a host to the Venom Symbiote, his Spider-Sense will lose its effects quicker if Venom (Eddie Brock) is close to him. This allows Venom to attack Spider-Man without triggering his Spider-Sense.