Peter Parker (of Earth-30847) is a alternate of Peter Parker/Spider-Man that only appears in the Versus series by Capcom.
It is unknown what backstory/early life this version of Spider-Man has up until he teamed up with the likes of Capcom characters to defeat "Abyss" in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.
Over a decade later in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Doctor Doom and a group of other supervillains joined forces with Wesker, a villain from the Capcom universe, in an attempt to obtain the power of Galactus.
They merged the two universes together, and with no clear attacker, both universes assumed the other was invading.
However, the villains failed to obtain the power, and Galactus selected Dr. Doom, Wesker, and Dormammu as his heralds and attacked the merged universes. Galactus attempted to devour both planets, but was eventually stopped by the combined power of the ever-growing universes heroes.
In the Spider-Verse he was thought to be killed by Morlun when none of his attacks worked on him with Morlun taking him out in one punch, leaving the person playing the game outraged.
However, as it turns out, Spider-Man is somehow survived from Morlun, which may apparently retconning this event or is currently unknown how he survived Morlun’s attack, as he recently appeared in Capcom’s latest game, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Enhanced Strength Spider-Man has the proportional strength of a spider.
- Enhanced Speed and Agility
- Accelerated Healing Factor: Can recover from injury faster than a normal human, but isn't an Healing Factor like Wolverine's.
- Wall-Crawling: Ability to cling to any surface due to miniature gripping hairs on his hands and feet.
- Spider-Sense: An ability in which warns him of danger.
- Genius Intellect
- Master Acrobat
- Web-Shooters: Can form webs into different things, like boxing gloves, or "web balls" and uses it to cross great distances.
- Spider-Man, along with Captain America, Shuma-Gorath, Wolverine,and Dr. Doom, are the only Marvel characters in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Ultimate to retain their respective themes in all the games they have been playable in.
- In Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Spider-Man's opening quotes reference the theme song to the old Spider-Man cartoon ("Look out! Here comes the Spider-Man") and another is a parody of his Uncle Ben's influencial words before he was killed by the burglar: "With a great power, comes a great beatdown". The old Spider-Man cartoon's theme song is also referenced in one of his taunts : "Does what a spider can!"
- In Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Spider-Man's three alternate color palette swaps were revealed to be the Black suit based on the black Symbiote suit that later became Venom, the Iron Spider armor given to him by Iron Man during the Marvel Civil War, and the stealth suit featured in the Big Time event. His white and black suit is actually his newest costume which he received when he joined the Future Foundation as a replacement for the late Human Torch.
- His win-quote against Firebrand in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is "You know, you look like the guy who ruined my marriage.", referencing Mephisto and serving as a reference to One More Day.
- In Marvel vs. Capcom 3, He also makes a quip in one of his victory quotes about Peter Porker, the Spider-Ham. "I'm pretty sure even the spectacular Spider-Ham could beat you."