|Full Name:||Peter Parker|
|First Appearance:|| Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 1 #1|
Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 1 #3 (as Spider-Man)
|Created by:|| Brian Michael Bendis|
|Place of Birth:||New York City, New York|
|Base:||New York City, New York|
|Affiliations:||None; formerly Norman Osborn’s Six, Knights, Burger Frog, Daily Bugle, member of UCW (Unlimited Class Wrestling)|
|Height:||5' 9" (1.70 m)|
|Weight:||140 lbs (64 kg)|
|Unique Features:||Sticky hands and feet|
"Any chance I'm dreaming all of this? Maybe when I got bit by that spider that gave me my powers I went into a coma and this is all just some big hallucination. How great would that be?"
This version of Peter Parker is noticeably scrawnier than his Earth-616 counterpart. His hair is also slightly different as he seems to have two bangs coming out from the left and right.
His costume is largely the same, with the only difference being the noticeably bigger eye pieces on the mask and a slightly different spider.
Richard Parker was a scientist who was working for S.H.I.E.L.D., while researching with Dr. Henry Pym, Dr. Bruce Banner, and Dr. Franklin Storm, they were reverse engineering the Super Soldier formula for S.H.I.E.L.D. (based on Nick Fury's genetic sample). Banner mistakenly believed he solved the formula and tested on himself, however the process created the Hulk for the first time. After that incident, Richard Parker went to see his wife and baby Peter outside the research facility; Hulk destroyed the facility, the explosion resulted Peter's parents being injured but survived the incident. Hulk's humanity was only awakened after seeing baby Parker and reverted back to Banner. Fury had Banner arrested. Richard Parker and his partner, Edward Brock Sr., were working on a scientific discovery for Trask Industries, but it wasn't going so well. The Brocks and Parkers took a business trip in hopes that their project will be finished. Unfortunately, the plane crashed and killed everyone and Peter had to be sent to his Aunt May and Uncle Ben.
Aunt May and Uncle Ben raised Peter as if he were their child. While growing up, he became friends with his neighbor, Mary Jane Watson and a certain friend that needed tutoring, Harry Osborn. Parker found a few friends in high school but was often bullied for most of his life, usually by Flash Thompson and Kong.
Peter Parker gained his powers on a high school field trip to Osborn Industries, Inc. where he was bitten by a spider that was injected with the OZ Compound, a prototype Super Soldier serum. The bite was imbuing him with the proportionate powers of a spider, Peter gained superhuman strength, speed, stamina, reflexes, agility, and the ability to stick and crawl onto any surface.
After that incident at Oscorp, Parker put his new found abilities to fight at a local wrestling challenge. The announcer of the fight gave Peter a new costume and given the alias, Spider-Man. His wrestling career ended when he was accused of stealing the promoter's money. In a angry mood, Peter allowed a burglar he encountered on his way home to escape from a robbery.
Arguing with his uncle over poor grades and bad attitude, Peter ran out of the house to relax. When Peter returned home, he learned that a burglar murdered Uncle Ben. When he took action into finding the burglar it was revealed to be the same burglar from the robbery. Feeling guilty over his actions which had led to the death of a loved one, Parker vowed to serve and protect others. As Uncle Ben once said to him: "With great power there must come great responsibility."Peter took a job at the Daily Bugle, working as a web designer. He later confessed his secret identity to Mary Jane, and the pair started a romantic relationship.
Since gaining his powers in his life, Peter defeated the Green Goblin. Norman Osborn, created with Oscorp Industries' experimental 'Oz' formula and seemingly disappeared into the river after a fight in the bridge. Spider-Man learned that the Kingpin of crime had tried to bring him down. He battled Electro and the Enforcers in the process. The Web-Slinger fought Doctor Octopus, witnessed the return of Norman Osborn and encountered R.H.I.N.O. and Iron Man. Nick Fury visited Peter and informed him that S.H.I.E.L.D knows everything about him.
Gwen Stacy transferred at Midtown High School put pressure on his relationship with MJ but it ended with nothing happening. Spider-Man was impersonated by an impostor and was hunted by the police. Spider-Man then fought the impostor, who also killed Gwen Stacy's father, Captain Stacy.Peter met his long-lost childhood friend, Eddie Brock Jr., after discovering boxes of old documents and video tapes in a hidden room in his basement, indicating both their fathers worked on the 'Venom Project'. Eddie was a student at ESU, and showed Peter their 'inheritance' is a biological "suit" that could cure a person with cancer. Peter took a sample of the suit, but spilled some onto him, which formed into a black suit. When Peter raced after an armed robber, the suit took a turn into something that of a monster. Recollecting the death of Uncle Ben, Peter lost control and fell off a building onto electricity cables. Peter returned to ESU where he confronted Eddie and revealed his secret identity. He destroyed the rest of the formula. Eddie pulled another flask from the storage, and transformed into Venom. He tracked Peter down at Midtown High]] and they battled each other out. Eddie stepped on a loose power cable, vaporizing him. After Peter defeated Eddie, Peter confronted Nick Fury to talk about the death of his parents. Fury lied and denied having to do anything with Richard's and Mary's deaths. Spider-Man then faced Sandman, helped the Ultimates battle the 'Ultimate Six' (Green Goblin, Electro, Doc Ock, Sandman, and Kraven), met the incredibly attractive vigilante known as Black Cat; Felicia Hardy, re-battled Doc Ock while having a movie made about him, however he not get any profit from it. Once fought the Punisher and the Boomerang.
During a big fight with the huge Gladiator, Spider-Man was badly hurt, and had to go to Dr. Connors for medical treatment. This left Conner's with a sample of Peter's mutated blood. Over the course of several months, Connors and his assistant, Ben Reilly, created some sort of semi-clone of Peter's DNA and his own, that escaped early in its incubation process. "Little Ben" started feeding off people and grow quickly in strength and size, consuming it's victims while showing a child-like face to its victims. The creature started mimicking the moves of Spider-Man then swing over to Parker's house, where it found and consumed Gwen Stacy. Peter confronted Connors outside his home, where he confessed to his DNA splicing. Peter fought Carnage throughout the city, and when it consumed two more victims, it later formed into a human form, looking incredibly like Peter's father. The fight continued, and Peter finally tricked the creature into jumping down an industrial chimney.
Peter 'body-swapped' with an X-Man Wolverine which caused a huge awkward situation in school, met Johnny Storm; The Human Torch, encountered Doctor Strange to help his mental health, fought Harry Osborn who had become the Hobgoblin, Peter feared Mary Jane's safety and constantly at odds with her placing herself in danger, he decided to break up with her. Peter discovered the Black Cat again who was thought to be dead, and battled Hammerhead, Elektra, Moon Knight, Iron Fist and Shang Chi inside of a ridged building.Peter later began dating Kitty Pryde from the X-Men, as they continued their crime-fighting partnership. One night in the Bronx, they took down a gang named the Screamers, who were using the drug called Banshee. Wolverine took out the last remaining one, he later came for Peter's help in figuring out why he was positive for Banshee. Peter was able to determine that Wolverine's DNA was used as a basis for the drug.
Norman Osborn and many other inmates escape from the Trikskellion. S.H.I.E.L.D Agent Carol Danvers tried to use Peter as bait to draw out Osborn. In a ploy to attract Osborn to the Helicarrier, S.H.I.E.L.D had Harry Osborn expose the truth about his father on television. Harry transformed into the Hobgboblin and battled his father along with Peter and S.H.I.E.L.D. After killing Harry, Osborn told the S.H.I.E.L.D agents to kill him which they gladly did. The next day, Peter informed of his class of Harry's death, saying that Harry was a good person.
UltimatumEditSpider-Man and his friends survived the Ultimatum Wave, as he quickly sprung into action, diving into the worst of the flood zones to rescue a drowning citizen. J. Jonah Jameson, one of Spider-Man's fiercest non-supporters, witnessed his acts of heroism and publicly rewrite all of the negative publicity he had attributed to the wall-crawler since he first came into the public eye. During these rescue operations, Spider-Man encountered something almost as dangerous as Magneto's Doomsday Protocols; the Hulk. The Hulk was rampaging through the ruins of New York, but Spider-Man managed to convince him to help in the rescue. Spider-Man discovered the body of the dead super-hero, Daredevil, who was another casualty of the Ultimatum Wave. It was also at this time that the Hulk quickly proved to be an unreliable ally after he turned back to normal and witness the death of his lawyer, causing more harm than good. Spider-Man swung over to Doctor Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum only to find that the mystic seal used to keep the evil creatures from a dark dimension at bay, had been broken. From the growing rift emerged Dormammu and a salute of demonic followers. Spider-Man was caught in the wake of a massive explosion of mystical energy. The only thing left behind was his ripped mask. Afterward, the military and the surviving Ultimates searched for survivors of Magneto's attack in Manhattan, and Captain America found the unconscious Peter Parker within the debris, revealing to be still alive.
Amazing "Cousins"EditSix months later after the Ultimatum, Spider-Man's life had dramatically improved; no longer was he shot by the authorities and the public opinion of him was completely positive. Peter finally found the respect he deserved as Spider-Man; even though he doesn't thoroughly like at first. His civilian life was a different matter; Peter begrudgingly took a temporary job at Burger Frog as the Daily Bugle was shut down after the disaster. Mary Jane had broken up with Peter for a vague reason. Through this rough time, Peter and Gwen Stacy grew closer and started a romantic relationship. While balancing his school life, relationship with Gwen, and managing a loose friendship with MJ, Peter began facing a new villain called Mysterio. In their encounters, their engagements have ended with Peter losing and saved by a mysterious red hooded figure. Meanwhile, Mysterio has Parker's blood from a previous engagement and intend to use it for his malicious purposes.
Peter's home was somewhat of a boarding house for young superheroes. Johnny Storm was experiencing emotional issues due to the loss of his father. Coincidentally, Bobby Drake/Iceman parted ways with the X-Men and couldn't stay with former teammate Kitty Pryde. Aunt May welcomed both Johnny and Bobby to stay at the Parker residence until their issues improved. Much to Peter's surprise and relent, his home was now a superhero powerhouse.
Mysterio used the blood sample to program one of his Spider-Slayer robot to locate Spider-Man at Midtown High School and kill him. Fortunately, the red hooded figure once again saved Peter as he struggled to put on his costume and avoid attacks from the machine. Red hooded figure was reveal to be Kitty Pryde, though Peter, nor his friends, learned about this.
Herald of The WatchersEditJohnny, Bobby and Peter were sent by Aunt May to the Jones house to speak to Rick Jones, a teenager who had recently discovered his powers. Rick transports Peter and himself to Detroit and back. After speaking to him, Johnny discovers that Rick was given powers by the Watchers. Rick teleport's himself and the others to Wyoming, where they find the Serpent Squad in the middle of a heist to steal the Serpent Crown. They fight until Wendell Vaughn and S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents arrive to help. After they teleport back home, Rick accept his powers and names himself Nova, he then leaves his home to search for his purpose.
Ultimate Enemy to Ultimate DoomEditPeter was swinging over the city along with Johnny when they noticed a battle between Nick Fury and a creature. They joined Fury and managed to fight off the creature, however Johnny then noticed that the Baxter Building was under attack. He flew there as fast as he could to help his sister, Sue. He arrived in time for the creature that was attacking her and Ben. The four of them visited the home of Reed Richards, only to discover that he had been killed along with the rest of his family. Peter then called home to warn his Aunt about a potential attack on their house as well. Peter and the rest arrive at the Parker residence, Bobby already had the threat neutralized. The creature breaks free and hit Ben with an energy blast. When Ben recovered he found that more rocks have fallen from his body and started to brightly glow. Sue managed to contain the creature in a Psionic Bubble until Carol Danvers and S.H.I.E.L.D. agents arrived at the situation.
Helping Kitty & Chameleon's DefamationEdit
Johnny and Spider-Woman foil a heist by the Bombshells. After stopping them, Johnny convinced Jessica to go out with him. At school, Gwen lured Peter into the girls bathroom where Kitty and MJ were waiting and the three of them cut his hair, telling him that his head is practically round because of all the hair when he wears his mask. Tandy Bowen entered the bathroom and made crude remarks about Kitty being a mutant and told her "she belongs in a cage".
At home, Peter finds out from Johnny that he started seeing Jessica and because she is his clone, this caused him a great deal of grief. The next day back at school, a special task force arrived at the school and tried to convince Kitty to go with them peacefully. Tandy smirked throughout the ordeal, hinting that she might be involved. Kong tried to attack the task force guards but pinned him down. Kitty then accept the offer to leave the school then quickly grab Kong and phase through the sewer and ran away together.
Later on at Kitty's home, Spider-Man, Human Torch, and Ice Man see all news reports crowded around the house. A huge fight broke out in her front lawn and the mysterious red hooded person was reveal to be Kitty Pryde the whole time. They try to stop Kitty for attacking the public, resulting her into leaving them.
The next day at school, MJ capture the footage of the task force convincing Kitty Pryde, Peter then told her to take to the Daily Bugle. They then meet Ben Urich and tell him to watch the footage and he convinced them to be in the news. Peter encounter J. Jonah Jameson and it was revealed to another super villain; the Chameleon, he then kidnapped Peter and impose him which resulted into ruining his relationships. Peter wakes up in front of a kidnapped J. Jonah Jameson, a female anonymous woman appears and realizes who is Spider-Man then shot Jonah in the head. The Chameleon then dresses up as Spider-Man and robs numerous banks, Aunt May notices this news on television and told Johnny and Bobby to suit up. They encounter the Chameleon and try to capture him. The Chameleon then ran back to the warehouse and tell his partner to kill Peter. Peter escapes and attacks the female Chameleon along with Johnny and Bobby, the Chameleons were defeated and Johnny had to take Jameson to the hospital. While in the hospital, Jameson survived the bullet that grazed across his head, realizing Peter Parker is Spider-Man.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
Spider Physiology: After being bitten by a genetically-modified spider, Peter discovered he had developed several arachnid-like abilities due to the amounts of OZ formula enhancements within the spider. The serum also granted him a vast increase in self-healing, including immortality.
- Superhuman Strength: Spider-Man possesses superhuman strength, enabling him to lift up to 10-15 tons. His strength is sufficient enough to break Flash Thompson's hand by blocking with his palm, lift up cars, a dockyard forklift, and a semi-truck to slam it on the Green Goblin's head twice. His strength also extends to his legs, enabling him to jump several stories high in a single bound.
- Superhuman Speed: Spider-Man can run and move at speeds that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Stamina: Spider-Man produces less lactic acid or fatigue toxins than an ordinary human. Allowing him to engage in physical activities a lot longer periods of time.
- Superhuman Durability: Spider-Man is physically tougher and more resistant to some types of injuries then a normal human can handle. He is able to take strikes from super-humanly strong opponents, survive being electrocuted by Electro, and can survive from being thrown out of a skyscraper.
- Superhuman Agility: Spider-Man's agility are enhanced to levels that are beyond of an Olympic athlete. Having to perform acrobatic stunts such as flips, rolls, and springs in combat.
- Superhuman Equilibrium: Spider-Man's perfect balance and coordination provides a unique fighting style. Able to position himself on any object, no matter how small or narrow it can be.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Spider-Man's reflexes are enhanced greater than those of an ordinary human being. With his 'danger' sense that allows him to dodge any attack, even direct gunfire.
- Wall-Crawling: Spider-Man can adhere walls, ceilings, and any other surfaces due to the mutated spider venom induced in his body.
- Spider-Sense: Spider-Man can sense danger, a tingling sensation that prevents him to dodge anything, this ability manifests around at the base of his skull.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Spider-Man can rapidly heal from his injuries faster than any ordinary human being. After he awoke from his death, he showed no catastrophic wounds.
- Immortality: According to Norman Osborn, the OZ formula grants immortality to those who are infused with it. This ability can even resurrect him from the dead while sustaining him from aging.
Peter is a prodigy biochemist, completing his father's research on adhesives at age 15. His uncle even said that he was "as smart as they come." He possesses an IQ of 145.
Thanks to the spider venom that courses in his veins, Peter is immune to vampire bites.
Inexperienced and short-tempered.
- Web-Shooters: Spider-Man built a special device called web-shooters, that apply onto his wrists, used to discharge thin synthetic strands of web fluid. On high air pressure, the webbing can take form of an extremely tough fiber that can be hard to let go of. Later on his sixteenth birthday, Tony Stark gave an allegedly enhanced version of his web-shooters, however its upgrades are still unknown.
- Web-Slinging: Spider-Man moves through locations by shooting a web-line and attaching it to an object (most often a building). He then swings, shoots another web-line, attaches it, and repeats the process.
Spider-Man's webs can be used to ensnare and immobilize his opponents.
- Ultimate Spider-Man. Based around the ultimate universe, but with a mixture of mainstream universe and the cinematic universe, starring Drake Bell as Spider-Man teaming up with four other heroes Nova, Luke Cage (Power Man), White Tiger, and Iron Fist alongside Nick Fury to become the "Ultimate Spider-Man". In season 3 Web Warriors, the animated version of the ultimate universe appeared where Peter Parker dies and Miles takes his place, while the Green Goblin is still alive hunting remaining spider-people like Miles.
- In 2005, a game called Ultimate Spider-Man (2005 video game) was released starring Peter Parker (Spider-Man) and Venom (Eddie Brock) as playable characters.
- In 2006, Spider-Man: Battle for New York was released, which uses character designs from the Ultimate universe.
- In 2010, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions was released, starring four different Spider-Men with Ultimate Spider-Man as playable character in the fourth dimension with the symbiote suit on. His original red and blue costume is wearable as an alternate costume when unlocked.
- In 2010, Ultimate Spider-Man: Total Mayhem was released, with the game being loosely based on Ultimate Spider-Man.
- A canon mistake was never cleared up in "Ultimate Origins", where it was clearly shown that Peter's parents died in front of him as a infant by the Hulk, but in the Venom story arc, it shows that Peter's parents was in his life around 4-5 years old before they died in a plane crash with the Brocks. Peter even has tapes and memories based on that life. One of the writers did clarified on how Parker's parents were merely injured and not really dead, however, the details of the events were still unofficially resolved.
- In "Ultimate Spider-Man", most of the superheroes and super villains know Peter is Spider-Man and many have seen him unmasked, but don't know him or even his actual identity. In contrast to his mainstream version, whose identity was completely secret up until "Civil War", where Peter Parker unmasked himself to the public, and is again completely secret after "One More Day".