|So, as someone once said, --- Up --- Up --- and AWAY! -Peter Parker (Earth-616)
This article is plagiarized.
It seems another editor of the Spider-Man Wiki has added information directly copied from another website/database. Please edit this article to make it more original.
|First Appearance:||Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 #30|
|Created by:||J. Michael Straczynski, John Romita Jr.|
|Place of Birth:|
|Base:||New York City; Formerly Germany|
|Abilities:||Even though it isn't known exactly how much, if any, formal training he's had, Morlun has proven himself to be a formidable hand to hand combatant.|
|Weight:||175 lbs (80 kg)|
Morlun (of Earth-616) is an immortal hunter of super-powered beings who feeds on their powers to sustain himself.
Powers & Abilities
Morlun possesses a variety of superhuman attributes as a result of his unique physiology.
- Life Force Absorption: Morlun's primary power is the ability to absorb the life force of other living creatures, thereby granting himself superhuman physical abilities. Even though Morlun can absorb the energies of virtually any being, he must occasionally renew himself by feeding upon pure forms of animal-related superbeings from one of the four categories that make up his own, unusually pure, DNA such as animal, insect, human, and bird. Once Morlun has touched a human, he is able to sense that person's life force across great distances. While the limit of this ability isn't known, it allowed him to easily follow and track Spider-Man across New York City.
- Superhuman Strength: Morlun possesses superhuman strength that varies according to how recently he has fed and on what kind of source. While fighting the Black Panther, he ripped apart an adamantium net with his bare hands. Spider-Man states that Morlun's punches are the hardest he has ever felt.
- Superhuman Speed: Morlun can run and move at speeds that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete. Though the exact limit is unknown, he has been shown to climb several flights of stairs and cover several blocks in only slightly more time than it takes Spider-Man to reach the same destination by web-swinging.
- Superhuman Stamina: Morlun's musculature produces less fatigue toxins than the fatigue toxins of human beings. While his stamina depends upon he's fed, Morlun can physically exert himself at peak capacity for at least several hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him.
- Superhuman Durability: Morlun's body is tougher and more resistant to certain types of injury than the body of a human being. It is known that Morlun can withstand great impact forces, such as being physically struck by Spider-Man, that would severely injure or kill a human, most notably being hit by a vibranium-tipped nuclear missile. The limits of his body's resistance isn't known. For example, it is unknown if he is resistant to penetration wounds from bullets or bladed weaponry.
- Superhuman Agility: Morlun's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Morlun's reflexes are similarly enhanced and are superior to those of the finest human athlete.
- Immortality: Morlun is functionally immortal in the sense that he is immune to the effects of aging and all known diseases. However, he can be killed if wounded severely enough.
Even though it isn't known exactly how much, if any, formal training he's had, Morlun has proven himself to be a formidable hand to hand combatant.
Morlun must regularly feed on the life forces of other living beings to stay alive. However, in order to renew himself and to prolong his extremely long lifespan, he must feed on totemic (purer) sources occasionally. Morlun has also proven highly vulnerable to exposure to high levels of radiation. However, Morlun must always be concentrating on keeping himself invincible. He eventually lets his guard down when he is feeding. This weakness enabled Ezekial to break his nose and Spider-man to kill him. When his guard is down, he is as vulnerable as any regular human.