hey sonic, I highly recommend you watch this documentary. it is made by the history channel, has keith david as the narrator, and it covers the history of comic book superheros up until the mid 2000s. it is very informative and it is inspired me to go deeper into comic book lore then I ever did before. I hope you enjoy and I bet you can come up with some pretty good did you knows for the main page after watching this.
your welcome, hope you enjot, and let me know what you think afterwards. also, spoiler alert, one of the events they talk about in the documentry the release of a contrevershal issue of green lantern & green arrow where a black man accuses green lantern (hal jordon) of being a racist.
Or should they have their own gallery like pictures do? I feel we should go the gallery way of things, since that would create less clutter on the article since we already have a long infobox there and all.
I'm not a fan of videos on our wiki in the first place, since it opens up a whole new mess of "fair use" problems, and they're largely superfluous additions. I don't see the point in making entire pages for three or four videos, especially since they don't have any purpose. Remember, we can easily chronicle what's in the video and integrate it with the article. That said, it's just my opinion. I'm not going to fight you guys on this, regardless of your decision.
i agree that we should keep fan made videos such as video game walkthroughs off the articles, but videos from offical sources such as the official marvel youtube or facebook pages should be on there. they are literally giving us the videos to use, so why shouldn't we use it? the videos give a image and a voice to the words. most of the the younger spider-man fans i meet at pop culture company like the videos of clips from episode on this site and other wikis like the adventure time wikia. they honestly don't have the attention spans to read paragraphs of info without getting bored. school teachers have figured this out, so they will use videos to teach them if they have one available because it will be more exciting to them then reading a huge book. when i was in school, i would pay much more attention to a subject if i was watching a video about it then reading a book about it. i got into comic books from a video i watched in school about comic book history and how it impacts our world. i had tried to read a book about the same info the movie gave me before hand, but couldn't get past the first chapter, but when i saw that same info in video form i was glued to it and couldn't stop watching. also, more people watch the videos when there on the article then when they are not.
You have a valid point Dalek, but if someone reads our paragraphs and gets bored, that's their problem. One of my biggest issues with them, is that for some people who don't have the correct flash player, it could slow down their computer considerably.
I just finished removing all of the videos you added, Dalek. If we are discussing whether or not we should add something, don't add it. Wait until we finish discussing. Also, don't revert a mass amount of edits without a discussion. If I catch you re adding these videos, or reverting many edits without discussion, I will block you.
first, i'm not saying they are morons i was only trying to point out what i was like when i was a kid and what other kids had told me at me local comic book shop. in no way am i stating that for a fact. second, i only reverted edits on 3 articles, they were age of ultron (event), age of ultron (volume 1) #3, and morbius: the living vampire (volume 2) #3. the other pages were episode pages a created myself. i had been meaning to do it for a while and with the carnage episode coming out i decided it was time to do it, so i spent 6 hours sunday creating pages for every episode of ultimate spider-man that hadn't been created already (which was like 20 something pages). but i understand what your saying about the flashplayer problems some computers have and about mass edit reverts while a disscussion is going on. in regards to bigheads idea about video gallery pages 1) what picture galleries? because i can't find any on this site. and 2) i'm okay with doing video gallery pages as long as the are clearly visable and easy to find for users because if they are somewhere where noone can find them like they videos themselves are then it does no good and we would need to set some ground rules for the gallery pages.
can we switch the third slide on the slider from Ultimate Spider-Man (2012 TV series) to Carnage (episode) as that episode will premiere tomarrow on easter sunday and it is a important event as the green goblin returns to turn peter into carnage. this will be carnages debut appearance in the show.
i've been trying to find a good quote for the norman osborn page that defines him, but i'm having a hard time choosing which to use as they all fit him pretty well. can you give me your opinion on which is better? these are the ones i've narrowed it down to.
1. "Take a look, Parker--a good, long look--it's the last face Spider-man will ever see--it's the real face of the Green Goblin--the face of Norman Osborn!"
2. "You can make fun of me all you want...but you know this is true... I was right.The world is a mess and the world needed me to fix it. And I would have. I could have. This world is a madhouse of mutants, terrorists, psychotics, aliens, and monsters. All of them clashing and crashing into each other at every second of every day. ... I know the mutants of this world will rise up and kill us. I know that the Hulk will one day decide to destroy everything he sees. I know the Punisher will one day kill the wrong person and set off a chain of events that will lead to nuclear holocaust. I know these heroes will dive head first into something they do not understand and end up doing such insane damage to the world that humans can no longer live on it. ... I know this is true. I know it. And I could have stopped it. If not for the fact that you kept standing in my @#$@# way..."
3. "We never know what chain of events we've set in motion as we perform our daily tasks. Wings of a butterfly and all of that. We suit up, show up, screw up. The results of those screwups don't surface for months...maybe years. Breathe in some asbestos on a job site. Twenty years later -- lung cancer. Send a man to jail. A few years later he becomes ruler of the Earth...he uses your best friend to kill you."
4. "Osborn's mind? You really have dialed the wrong number. I'm glad it's a mistake though. And not a rescue attempt. I mean, I'd hate to have to be indebted -- to those I'm about to kill!"
5. "What can I say? I've saved the best for last. Tonight I'm going to kill the Amazing Spider-Man."
Oh my. For me, that settles it. I, personally, want him gone. Forever. I kinda wish he hadn't closed the thread, as I kinda felt I needed to apollogize for his behavior. This... doesn't reflect well on our wiki. Oh well. I guess there's nothing we can do now.
I don't think so. Spider-Man only appeared in one episode of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, so he's not really.... fitting enough for a Spider-Man wiki. That being said, I'm not opposed to switching Slott out some time in the near future, I just don't think that Yost would be a good replacement.
Let's see... the first slide doesn't change very often, so, how about we change them every 3 months. In sequence, every month we'll change one. Next month, the next slide, the following month we'll change the last slide, and then back to the first one again the next month.
hey, i've been trying to find a good quote for the Jack O'Lantern (Crime-Master's) (Earth-616) page and can't decide which would be better "I've gotta be going now. Bullet holes to patch. Girls to slaughter. Just one last question before I go. Have you visited mom recently?" "Still, I wondered how long it would take, right? To earn a true arch-enemy you gotta hold a awfully personal grudge. And, guess what? I've got one. With YOU." or "Heard you promise this man you’d keep him and his mama safe... Shouldn’t make promises you can’t keep. Real faux pas.". which do you think is better?