|So, as someone once said, --- Up --- Up --- and AWAY! - Peter Parker
This article is plagiarized.
It seems the information on this article is mostly or entirely copied from another source. Please edit this article to make it more original.
|Full Name:||Mary Jane Watson|
|First Appearance:||Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 1 #1|
|Created by:||Brian Michael Bendis, Bill Jemas, Mark Bagley|
|Place of Birth:||New York City, New York|
|Base:||New York City, New York|
|Powers/Abilities:||Exceptional student, gifted in the sciences and has detective skills|
|Height:||5' 6" (1.68 m)|
|Weight:||135 lbs (61 kg)|
|Unique Features:||When transformed, Mary Jane becomes a large goblin creature.|
"I don't think he hit on me to hit on me. I don't think that was his master plan. I think he felt how much I love you... And he went for it."
Mary Jane Watson (of Earth-1610), also known as the Demogoblin, was Peter Parker's girlfriend prior to his death and the person he trusted the most. Since Peter's death, MJ has become an EMO and spends most of her time trying to find definitive proof that Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. were responsible for Peter's death.
Life in Midtown HighEdit
Mary Jane Watson attends Midtown High School with Peter Parker and Liz Allan. Though originally known as "Mary" to her friends, she later picked up the "MJ" nickname. MJ is a brilliant student. She usually expresseses her true feelings, though she can be short-tempered and has even physically attacked some of the bullies at her school. At one time, MJ expressed her wish to become an actress, but now dreams of being a "Teacher who Cares".
Dating Spider-ManEditMary Jane had engaged in a brief romance with Harry Osborn before she began dating Peter Parker. She became the second person to learn of Peter's secret identity as Spider-Man and the first Peter revealed it to. She sewed Peter's costumes, once calling herself the Betsy Ross of superheroes. Although Peter and MJ loved each other very much, Peter's secret identity proved a heavy burden on their relationship.
Breakup with Peter and ReconcileEdit
Later, Peter began to fear for Mary Jane's safety more than ever when the Green Goblin kidnapped her in a twisted attempt to gain Peter's allegiance and flung her off the Queensboro bridge. MJ survived, but was left traumatized. During this time, she became angry and jealous when she thought that a new girl, Gwen Stacy, had feelings for Peter and ended their relationship, although they soon reconciled. When MJ's father read her diary and found her referring to something as the "bridge accident" where she was nearly killed, he told MJ that she could not to see Peter anymore. Furious, MJ ran away to an old factory but Peter found her and convinced her to go back. Her parents separated soon after.
Gwen's Death and BreakupEdit
Clone Saga and Reuniting with PeterEdit
Becoming a JournalistEdit
Mary Jane decided to actively pursue a career in broadcast journalism, she began a series of web-cast reports on-location in New York with Peter as her cameraman, only to constantly flub her surname, causing her to lose her temper, much to Peter's amusement. She eventually helped Kitty Pryde track down Peter when he was captured and unmasked by the Shocker. Which in theory never actually happened.
The Awkwardness of SexEdit
Peter, despite knowing that he and MJ loved each other, knew that they weren't ready to go to the next level of their relationship, so the idea of them taking it to the next level was postponed. Mary Jane showed knack as a detective, as she figured out that a police officer was on the take from someone, whom the NYPD has dubbed "Mysterio", and had the crooked cop set up surveillance equipment to the police department after Peter informed MJ of the police chase. Mysterio later escaped, but not before he vowed to get even with Spider-Man.
Getting Back Together with PeterEdit
During Peter's Birthday party, MJ and Peter kissed, restarting their relationship.
Death of Spider-ManEdit
Yet to occur.
Mary Jane worked hard to find a way of revealing to the world that Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. were responsible for the death of Peter. After watching from her window May and Gwen leaving Queens with the help of Tony Stark, Nick Fury approached her, telling her that he felt responsible for Peter's death and that he loved him.
Meeting Miles MoralesEditWhen Gwen Stacy and Captain America are arguing about Miles being Spider-Man, Mary Jane steps out of the shadows to point out that Captain America is just projecting Peter onto Miles.
After May Parker and Gwen Stacy find out there was a different Peter Parker in a different universe, Gwen calls Mary Jane and explains to her and tells her to come over, when Mary Jane got there she saw Peter and Miles get in a limo with Nick Fury, Peter sees her and she runs off somewhere on her own and cries
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
The Oz Formula, mutated Mary Jane Watson into a monstrous Goblin like creature, which granted her superhuman abilities such as;
- Superhuman Strength: The Demogoblin, after injecting formula, become super-humanly strong. Mary Jane, as the Demogoblin, can easily overpower humans by lifting them up with one hand or by hurling them around. She can also lift extremely heavy objects, crush and break through wood panels and templates, bend metal, and can punch through glass without gaining injury.
- Superhuman Speed: The Demogoblin, thanks to the Oz Formula, can run and operate at superhuman speeds. Her overall body equilibrium is also heightened although she is not nearly as fast as speedsters. For example, with her speed, she can outrun vehicles.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Demogoblin, thanks to the Oz Formula, can operate or maintain her movements for prolonged periods of time without getting tired or weary in the process.
- Superhuman Durability: The Oz Formula also fortified all of MJ's bodily tissues, making them far tougher and more resistant to injury than normal humans. While MJ can be injured by something along the lines of a knife or small conventional bullets composed of conventional material, she is very resistant to great impact forces and blunt trauma. She can withstand powerful impacts, such as falling from several stories or being repeatedly struck by a superhuman enemy, that would severely injure or kill a normal human with little to no injury to himself.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: If The Demogoblin, does sustain injury, her body's increased metabolism allows him to heal damaged tissue much faster and more extensively than a normal human is capable of. She can heal from injuries that would prove lethal to an ordinary human.
- Superhuman Agility: The Demogoblin's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Her reflexes are similarly enhanced and are superior to those of the finest human athlete.
- Pyrokinesis: The Demogoblin can generate fiery bolts of energy from his hands, which she uses as weapons which can explode like bombs.
Mary Jane is an exceptional student, gifted in the sciences. MJ has a knack as a detective.