|Iron Spider Armor|
|Aliases:||Iron Spider Armor|
|Lead Designer:|| Earth-616: Tony Stark|
Earth-TRN123: Tony Stark
|Scarlet Spider (Patrick), Amadeus Cho (Earth-TRN123)|
|Spider-Man (Earth-616), Scarlet Spider (Michael), Scarlet Spider (Van), Spider-Man (Earth-TRN123)|
The Iron Spider Armor is an armor created by Tony Stark for Spider-Man during the Civil War event.
First appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #529.
HistoryPeter Parker by Tony Stark during the Spider-Man: The Other storyline.
Peter Parker used this costume primarally during the Civil War while he was on the side of the Initiative.
The armor was abandoned when Parker joined the Secret Avengers.Iron Man created the armor, based of of his own armor's specs, for Spider-Man after being impressed by the way he battled the Living Laser.
Spider-Man had a hard time using the armor at first due to it being designed for Iron Man's fightig style not his. Spider-Man then tweaked the armors specs to fit his style and had better success in subsequent battles against the Living Laser and Doctor Octopus.
Currently, Spider-Man only uses the armor when Nick Fury has given him permission to use it or during emergencies.
Fabricated with advanced protein-scale nano-technology and exotic materials handling, LEP skin display, impact sensing armor integrated life support ant all-spectrum communications powered by a hybrid opto-electronic computer and using super conducting, high performance plastic throughout, the Iron Spider Armor is truly one of greatest armors Tony Stark has ever created (and Peter's most functional costume).
The Scarlet Spiders' duplicate armors had several weapons built into them, such as pulse cannons and repulsor grenades.
- Spinnerette/Stinger Access Ports: Through development of nano-crystal growth topology, this suit grow numerous configurations. It allows full interface from any surface, independent of occupant when necessary, and due to this design ports auto dilate to allow organics to pass. This includes Spider-Man's natural Webbing and Stingers.
- Waldoes: The Iron Spider Armor possessed three mechanical spider-arms, or "waldoes," created from rapidly grown mono-atomic iron alloy crystal. These could be used to see around corners (via cameras in the tips) and to manipulate objects indirectly. When in the stowed position, the arms remain within the gold "circle" on Spider-Man's back. These arms are rapidly grown at the rate of 90 inches per second, Hollow construction allows for all material to be stored within the small back-mounted pack, and the command for growth is achieved via fast neural net-detection and amplification. The waldoes even have small grippers at the tips working as pseudo fingers.
- Glider Device: It could glide via mesh webbing on its arms. The pseudo web form is a biodegradable filament generator. This allows for controlled gliding. Near invisible gossamer filaments extend for 20 meters- rapid growth and detachment.
- Enhanced Chestpiece: A foamed titanium nitrile fabric chestpiece has body contoured and articulated panels to support the occupant. The chestpiece contains the highest concentration of Kasimir Plate Batteries-- nano-scale power generating devices that exploit "zero point" energy. Can generate 1.2kWatts at peak demand.
- Mask Filter: A self-cleaning electrostatic precipitation system allows for full Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Filtration. It also had an 8 minutes worth compressed air capacity, which helped in situations underwater.
- Enhanced Lenses: The Headpiece contains large area holographic lensing to allow for long eye-relief and panoramic real-world/-time viewing. Includes several optical spectrum modes with synthesized information overlay.
- Constituent Costume Containment: Part of the costume could detach itself to cover an object too dangerous to touch, such as a radioactive asteroid.
- Multifunctional Layers: The Iron Spider Armor has a total of 17 layers throughout its workings, with each performing a different, separate and important function.
- Transpirable Teflon-Based Temperature Control: Controls the Internal Temperature of the Wearer.
- Moisture Pump: Occupant Cooling.
- Conductivity Control: Low Infrared Signature.
- Sensor Layer: Able to transmit data from kinisthetic analysis of occupant.
- Repair Layer: Self-repair/limited mechanical repair. Also first aid with limited external first aid.
- Musculature Motility Layer: Follows occupant's motion.
- Communications: All band tranceiving GPS/Microwave including ELF.Impact Layer: National Institute of Justice Threat Level III Resistant. Heat-resistant Kevlar micro-fiber stops small arms fire.
- Shear Detection: Spidey to see in the infrared and ultraviolet portions of the electromagnetic spectrum.
- Antenna: Fractal design allows for simultaneous wavelength propagation. Allows for "speed of thought" suit control. Also allowed Spider-Man to listen to police, fire and/or emergency broadcasts.
- Synthetic Aperture Camera Layer: Stores Cameras Optical to RADAR.
- Light Emitting Plastic Layer: Allows for camouflage (but the darker the surface that spider-man blends to the better the the camoflarge) and also allows spider-man to change the colour and style of his suit (e.g. he change it to the sybiote suit coulour and his normal red and blue and back)
- Diamond Nitrile Overcoat: Epitaxially deposited in chain mesh form; Transparent to Spider Effect and allow for normal surface adhesion method.
- In 2012's Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon series, after a visit to Tony Stark's building, he quickly makes a version of the Iron Spider Armor for him, which is seen in a few episodes of the show.
- In 2006's Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, the Iron Spider Armor made it's first appearance as an unlockable costume for Spider-Man.
- In 2010's Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, the Iron Spider Armor was unlockable for the Spider-Man of the year 2099, Miguel O'Hara.
- In 2011's Spider-Man: Edge of Time, the costume is when unlockable, and wearable for Miguel O'Hara only.
- In 2011's Marvel Super Hero Squad Online, the Iron Spider Armor is a buyable and wearable costume.
- In 2011's Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, the Iron Spider Armor is a already unlocked alternate for Spider-Man.
- In 2014's The Amazing Spider-Man 2, the Iron Spider Armor is a pre-order bonus from Gamestop or buyable via DLC.
- Sometime before Superior Spider-Man #14, in Peter body, Otto outfits himself with a new Spider-Man costume with a device on his back that has four thin leg comes and can be used to trap his foes. His device is very similar to the four legs seen on a Iron Spider Armor.
|Classic Costume | Beetle Armor MK I | Beetle Armor MK II | Beetle Armor MK III | Symbiote Costume | Spare Fantastic Four Costume | Negative Zone Costume | | Spider-Armor MK I | Spider-Armor MK II | Spider-Armor MK III | Electro Proof Costume | Mobile Armored Cyber-Harness | Iron Spider Armor | Iron Patriot Armor | American Son Armor | Future Foundation Costume Stealth Suit | Superior Spider-Man Suit|