| This has got to be the worst alternate universe ever. -Spider-Man
Hey! Article is a stub. This means that it is short and needs more information, or should be expanded with up to date information, if there is any new information. You can help the Spider-Man Wiki by expanding it. Thanks!
|Full name:||Joseph (Last name unknown)|
|First Appearance:||The Amazing Spider-Man (Volume 1) 113|
|Created by:||Gerry Conway; John Romita|
|Place of Birth:||U.S.A.|
|Height:||5' 10" (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||265 lbs (120 kg)|
|Unique Features:||Hammerhead's head is made from secondary adamantium. It is impervious to all damage, exept for adamantium|
He is primarily an enemy of Spider-Man and a member of organized crime who exists in the Marvel Universe. The character first appeared in The Amazing Spider-Man #113.
Hammerhead began his career as a junior hit-man, working for the Maggia. When his head was shattered in a brawl, Jonas Harrow discovered him in an alley, and operated on him - replacing his broken skull with one made of steel.
Upon awakening, Hammerhead became infatuated with the 1920's movie poster which was the last thing he saw before the brawl, and adopted the role of the mobster "Hammerhead", favoring 20's clothing, weaponry, talk and behavior of the criminals of that era. He no longer remembered his real name.
Powers and Abilities
Hammerhead has no superhuman abilities, yet his skull is now surgically reinforced with adamantium, making his head flat on top; with this, he can charge and break through objects such as brick walls without causing any pain or damage to himself. This metal can absorb physical impacts that would otherwise fracture human bone.
Hammerhead is in peak physical condition comparable to that of an Olympic level athlete. He is also a formidable hand-to-hand combatant whose most dangerous tactic is charging head-first like a bull toward an opponent.
- Hammerhead appeared in the Spider-Man episode "Wrath of the Sub-Mariner." Hammerhead was said to maintain crime in the mid-west.
- Hammerhead appeared in Spider-Man: The Animated Series voiced by Nicky Blair. In this version, his head is laced with adamantium.
- Hammerhead appears in the The Spectacular Spider-Man voiced by John DiMaggio.
- Hammerhead appeared in the Spider-Man: The Animated Series video game for Super NES. He only appeared on Hard mode on the Construction Zone level.
- Hammerhead is a boss in the game Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro voiced by Dee Bradley Baker.
- Hammerhead also briefly appeared as a villain in Spider-Man: Mysterio's Menace for Game Boy Advance.
- A Marvel Noir version of Hammerhead appears as a boss in Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, with John DiMaggio reprising his role from The Spectacular Spider-Man.
- Hammerhead is featured as a boss in the Facebook game Marvel: Avengers Alliance.