|So, as someone once said, --- Up --- Up --- and AWAY! - Peter Parker
This article is plagiarized.
It seems the information on this article is mostly or entirely copied from another source. Please edit this article to make it more original.
| Black Cat
|Full Name:||Felicia Hardy|
|First Appearance:||The Amazing Spider-Man #194|
|Created by:||Marv Wolfman; Keith Pollard|
|Place of Birth:||Queens, New York City, New York|
|Base:||New York City, New York|
|Affiliations:||Formerly Defenders, Heroes for Hire|
|Powers/Abilities:||Expert Thief, Olympic level Athlete, Olympic Acrobat, Skilled Martial Artist|
|Height:||5' 9¾" (1.77 m)|
|Weight:||120 lbs (54 kg)|
"I'm not a hero. I'm a thief. Born a thief. Raised a thief. Will die a thief."
OriginEditThe Black Cat's father was a world renowned cat burglar, before his arrest, he encouraged her to never settle for second best. If she loved basketball, she should work to become a basketball player and not just a cheerleader. During her freshman year in college, she had gone to a party and was nearly raped by a drunken student in a bathroom, when she was saved by another student, named Ryan. Felicia and Ryan became close friends, spending most of their time together until one night Ryan demanded that it was time for their relationship to become physical. Felicia's protests were in vain, hating the idea of being a victim, she decided that she would murder her rapist despite the consequences. She put aside her studies and began training in various fighting styles and acrobatics. Finally, after months of preparing, she set out for revenge, but before she could find him, Ryan was killed in a drunk driving accident. She was denied the chance to steal the life of the man who had stolen hers, and feeling reckless, Hardy decided to utilize her new skills to follow in the footsteps of her father. After making a fortune in stolen items, Felicia chose to adopt a costume identity. She first donned the Black Cat costume in order to break her father out of prison. On the same night, she met Spider-Man. Despite her antipathy towards men, Felicia felt feelings for this lone hero. Spider-Man was the first man she felt she could trust and grew to love him. Felicia looked for a way to earn his trust and continued with her Black Cat persona as a misguided attempt to attract his affection. Spider-Man made every attempt to have her criminal record plummet.
The Heroic Cat BurglarEdit
The Black Cat ReturnsEdit
The Black Cat was hired by the Defenders to steal a Satan Claw.
Felicia was later contacted by her friend, Misty Knight, in order to help the Fearless Defenders fight the so called Doom Maidens along with other female heroines such as She-Hulk, Storm, Tigra, Hellcat and Valkyrie.
Return of the Amazing Spider-ManEdit
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
- Probability Field Manipulation: The Black Cat can cause "bad luck" by scientists working for the Kingpin through a bargain made with him. This power allows her to subliminally affect probability fields, which would cause improbable situations, though not impossible, events of "bad luck" that occur to enemies within her line of sight. Those powers were removed from her for a while by Dr. Strange so they won't hurt those she loves, but they were restored by Mister Negative's scientist, Doc Tramma, which gave her more control.
After her original powers were removed from her by Dr. Strange, a side-effect of the process mutated her body and granted her certain feline abilities including superhuman agility, reflexes, infrared vision, and retractable claws. However, after being exposed to a device designed by the Chameleon to remove Spider-Man's powers, Felicia lost these abilities as well.
- Expert Thief: Felicia is a skilled (somewhat reformed) thief skilled in stealth, picking locks, escapology, evading alarms and cracking safes.
- Olympic Level Athlete: She has reflexes, agility, and stamina of an Olympic level acrobat. She is physically very strong and athletic and has great physical endurance.
- Olympic Acrobat: Felicia is a particularly skilled acrobat capable of many difficult feats.
- Skilled Martial Artist:
- Black Cat's Costume: The costume she currently uses was designed by the Tinkerer, created using leather material, and is designed to increase many of her natural physical attributes far beyond normal human levels by means of micro servers embedded into it.
- Peak Human Strength:
- Superhuman Speed:
- Superhuman Agility:
- Retractable Claws:
- Equilibrium Earings:
- Electromagnetic Contact Lenses:
The Black Cat has a miniature grappling hook device hidden in the "fur" of each glove, designed by her father Walter Hardy, which enables her to swing from buildings in a manner similar to Spider Man and Daredevil despite lacking the associated speed of either. She can also use the cable from this device as a tightrope, wall scaling device, swing line, or as a weapon in combat.
- Black Cat's identity is known to legal authorities
- Black Cat appears in a limited series called Marvel Divas, a parody of Sex and the City and consisting of her, Firestar, Hellcat and Photon.
- Felicia was originally supposed to appear in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4 and be played by Anne Hathaway, though she would not have transformed into the Black Cat, as in the comics. Instead, Raimi's Felicia was expected to become a new super-powered figure called the Vulturess. However, in 2013 Raimi stated that Anne Hathaway would have played Black Cat if Spider-Man 4 had been made
- In The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Felicity Jones portrayed a character, later confirmed to be Felicia Hardy. Her character has a "special relationship" with the Osborns. In the film, Harry Osborn's first act after taking control of Oscorp was to promote her over Norman Osborn's former inner circle. Felicia was intended to become the Black Cat in future Spider-Man films in the series.
- Felicity Jones was set to reprise his role in The Amazing Spider-Man 3.