| This has got to be the worst alternate universe ever. -Spider-Man
Hey! Article is a stub. This means that it is short and needs more information, or should be expanded with up to date information, if there is any new information. You can help the Spider-Man Wiki by expanding it. Thanks!
|Full Name:||Ezekiel Sims|
|First Appearance:||Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 #30|
|Created by:||J. Michael Straczynski, John Romita Jr.|
|Place of Birth:|
|Base:||Manhattan, New York City|
|Affiliations:||The Spyder "family"; formerly the Spider Society|
|Powers/Abilities:||Proportional strength, speed, and reflexes of a spider|
"This is the point. This is the Five Million Dollar question. I'm about to yank your chain like nobody else ever has before, and nobody ever will again. So listen carefully. Did the radiation enable the spider to give you those powers? Or was the spider trying to give you those powers before the radiation killed it? Which came first? The radiation? Or the power? The chicken or the egg or the power?"
Not much is known about Ezekiel's early life, up until he performed some sort of ritual that endowed him with the powers of the "spider totem". Once he gained these powers, he set out to gain a fortune. Later, though, he discovered that as a "totem", he would be attacked by others in the totem hierarchy. To prevent this, he comissioned a room that would block out anyone who could find him through his ties to the totem order.
Recognizing that Spider-Man's powers were identical to his own, he hired several detectives to piece together the secret identity of the wall-crawler. After getting the information from the detectives, he managed to uncover his identity as Peter Parker and went to speak with him.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
Ezekiel possessed various superhuman attributes, almost all of them identical to those possessed by Spider-Man.
- Superhuman Strength: Ezekiel possessed superhuman strength that was just slightly inferior to that of Spider-Man. At his peak, he could lift about 9 tons.
- Superhuman Speed: Ezekiel could run and move at speeds beyond the physical capabilities of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Stamina: Ezekiel's musculature produced less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of a normal human. In spite of his age, he could physically exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood began to impair him.
- Superhuman Durability: Ezekiel's body was tougher and more resistant to some types of injury than the body of a normal human. For example, Ezekiel could withstand falls or leaps from heights of several stories without sustaining injury. He was also more resistant to great impact forces than a normal human. He could withstand impacts, such as being struck by a superhumanly strong person like Spider-Man, that would severely injure or kill a normal human with little to no injury to show for it.
- Superhuman Agility: Ezekiel's agility, balance, and bodily coordination were all enhanced to levels that were beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Ezekiel's reflexes were similarly enhanced and were superior to those of the finest human athlete.
- Wall-Crawling: Like Spider-Man, Ezekiel has the ability to stick to any surface and walk or crawl along them. He could will himself to cling much tighter than normal to surfaces to the point where it's extremely difficult, even for extremely powerful individuals, to pull him away.
- Spider-Sense: Just like Spider-Man, Ezekiel possessed an early warning system that bordered on precognition. It allowed him to detect danger or threats to him within his surrounding area. This, coupled with his reflexes and agility, enabled him to avoid most attacks even to the point of dodging bullets, provided he was far enough away.
- Spider-Sense Immunity: Because his powers are virtually identical to Spider-Man's, Ezekiel can't be detected by Spider-Man's spider-sense nor can Ezekiel's detect Spider-Man.
Ezekiel was a skilled businessman, having amassed a great deal of wealth through leadership and initiative. He also had a good understanding of the various mystical rites and ceremonies relating to Kwaku Anansi, the founder of the Spider Clan. Although he had no formal training, Ezekiel was a formidable hand to hand combatant, using a freestyle fighting technique similar to that of Spider-Man that allowed him to make full use of his speed and agility.
- Because he aquired his powers through deceitful means, all of Ezekiel's superhuman powers are marginally inferior to those possessed by Spider-Man.