|So, as someone once said, --- Up --- Up --- and AWAY! -Peter Parker (Earth-616)
This article is plagiarized.
It seems another editor of the Spider-Man Wiki has added information directly copied from another website/database. Please edit this article to make it more original.
|Real name:||Corporal Eugene Thompson|
|First Appearance:||Amazing Fantasy #15 (as Flash Thompson), Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #654 (as Venom)|
|Created by:||Stan Lee; Steve Ditko|
|Place of Birth:||Forest Hills, Queens, New York|
|Affiliations:||Thunderbolts; formerly Secret Avengers, Project: Rebirth 2.0, Midtown High School, temporary partner of Jack O' Lantern, temporary partner of Red Hulk,|
|Abilities:||Alien Symbiote gives enhanced strength, speed, stamina and agility. Gives Spider-like abilities such as clinging to walls, and producing organic "webbing." Spider-sense, poisonous fangs, immunity to Spider-Man's spider-sense, camouflage ability.|
|Height:||4' 1" (formerly 6' 2")|
|Weight:||160 lbs (formerly 185 lbs)|
|Hair Color:||Reddish blonde|
|Eye Color:||Blue; black, red or green as Venom|
|Unique Features:||Lost his legs from below the knee, but has since re-grown them with the help of the symbiote.|
"Coaching the life and death struggle in terms straight out of the glory day playbook... It's all a bunch of smoke and mirrors... A cover up for the fear. Because when it comes to being a hero... When it comes to helping people... I'm terrified by what happens when I fail."
Flash Thompson was a former classmate and school bully of Peter Parker at Midtown High School. He would usually bully Peter on many occasions, but Flash and Peter eventually became close friends during their time together at Empire State University. Later, Flash joined the U.S. army and was sent to Iraq where he lost both his legs. Due to his injuries, he was offered a position in the government's Project Rebirth 2.0, where he was bonded to the Venom Symbiote and became Agent Venom.
The New Venom
Joining the Secret Avengers
The Gauntlet of the Savage Six
Monsters of Evil
The Evil Inside Us All...
Powers & Abilities
- Superhuman Strength:
- Superhuman Durability:
- Superhuman Stamina: Venom is also capable of surviving in harmful areas for long periods of time such as underwater or in toxic gases, the symbiote filtering breathable air to the host.
- Accelerated Healing Factor: The symbiote is capable of healing injuries in the host at a faster rate than normal human healing allows. The symbiote is also capable of healing injuries and illnesses that current human medical care cannot such as cancer.
- Genetic Memory:
- Offspring Detection: The symbiote is capable of psychically detecting its offspring, however with effort this ability can be blocked.
- Wall-Crawling: The alien costume replicates Spider-Man’s ability to cling to walls by controlling the flux of inter-atomic attraction between molecular boundary layers.
- Webbing Generation:
- Constituent-Matter Generation:
- Constituent-Matter Manipulation: The Venom Symbiote has recently developed this new ability. Venom can morph sections of his body, such as his hands or feet, into spikes, blades, axes or a shield.
- ESP (Spider-Sense):
- Immunity to Spider-Man's Spider Sense: Due to Spider-Man being a host to the symbiote, Venom is able to bypass Spider-Man's spider-sense. As such, Venom is capable of attacking Spider-Man without alerting him.
- Camouflage Capabilities: The symbiote is capable of mimicking the appearance of any form of clothing, camouflaging with its surroundings, and even mimicking other people.
- Stretching and deforming: Although it's wide known that the Symbiote can stretch and deform itself, recently it was able to perform this ability while bonded to Flash.
- Skilled Marksman: Flash has been trained in sharpshooting and marksmanship by the U.S. Army.
- Skilled Combatant: Due to his formal training as a boxer and a soldier, Flash is an exceptional combatant.
- Flash had been known to have a drinking problem.
- Flash lost his legs from the knees down in the Iraq war and was confined to a wheelchair afterwards. While wearing the Venom Symbiote, Flash was able to regenerate his legs.
- While Flash is wearing the Venom Symbiote, Flash inherits its weakness to loud sounds and fire. Additionally Flash can not remain bonded to the Venom Symbiote for more than 48 hours without risking losing control to the Symbiote.
- Multi-Gun developed by Aaron MacKenzie.
- When he loses control of the suit, Flash takes on a form known as "Savage Venom" whose appearance resembles what Venom looks like Venom's "classic appearance. Also while in this form, Venom has the ability to generate two mouths, one on each side of his neck.