|So, as someone once said, --- Up --- Up --- and AWAY! - Peter Parker
This article is plagiarized.
It seems the information on this article is mostly or entirely copied from another source. Please edit this article to make it more original.
| Agent Venom
|Full name:||Eugene "Flash" Thompson|
|First Appearance:|| Amazing Fantasy #15 (as Flash Thompson)
|Created by:||Stan Lee; Steve Ditko|
|Place of Birth:||Forest Hills, Queens, New York|
|Affiliations:||Guardians of the Galaxy; formerly Thunderbolts, Secret Avengers, Project: Rebirth 2.0, Midtown High School, temporary partner of Jack O' Lantern, temporary partner of Red Hulk|
|Powers/Abilities:||Alien Symbiote gives enhanced strength, speed, stamina and agility. Gives Spider-like abilities such as clinging to walls, and producing organic "webbing." Spider-sense, poisonous fangs, immunity to Spider-Man's spider-sense, camouflage ability.|
|Height:||4' 1" (formerly 6' 2")|
|Weight:||160 lbs (formerly 185 lbs)|
|Hair Color:||Reddish blonde|
|Eye Color:||Blue; black, red or green as Venom|
|Unique Features:||Lost his legs from below the knee, but has since re-grown them with the help of the symbiote. Prosthetic Legs|
"Coaching the life and death struggle in terms straight out of the glory day playbook... It's all a bunch of smoke and mirrors... A cover up for the fear. Because when it comes to being a hero... When it comes to helping people... I'm terrified by what happens when I fail."
After losing his legs in a war he fought he was offered a position in the government's Project Rebirth 2.0, where he was bonded to the Venom Symbiote and became Agent Venom.
The New Venom
Joining the Secret Avengers
The Gauntlet of the Savage Six
Monsters of Evil
The Evil Inside Us All...
Powers & Abilities
All of the powers that Flash uses come from the Venom Symbiote and are not his own. While bonded it grants him a variety of powers (most copied from Spider-Man) which include:
- Superhuman Strength: Once they merged, the costume added Spider-Man’s superhuman strength to Flash's human strength, making him at least as strong as Spider-Man. However, his full strength often fluctuates. Venom has demonstrated strength ranging from only slightly greater than Spider-Man's to being capable of trading blows with high-powered individuals such as Juggernaut. This is caused by the several mutations that the symbiote took with Brock, gaining additional bulk and muscle mass over long periods of time with its host.
- Superhuman Durability: Venom's body is highly resistant to physical injury, capable of withstanding assault from high-caliber bullets as well as attacks from super powered individuals. When distributed at a typical thickness over Brock's body, the Symbiote is capable of absorbing bullets from small-arms weapons firing conventional ammunition. The Symbiote is however particularly vulnerable to both sonic and heat-based attacks.
- Superhuman Stamina: Venom is also capable of surviving in harmful areas for long periods of time such as underwater or in toxic gases, the symbiote filtering breathable air to the host.
- Accelerated Healing Factor: The symbiote is capable of healing injuries in the host at a faster rate than normal human healing allows. The symbiote is also capable of healing injuries and illnesses that current human medical care cannot such as cancer.
- Genetic Memory: The symbiote possesses some limited psychic ability, making it capable of obtaining information from its hosts and even other people and symbiotes simply by touch. This ability allowed Flash Thompson to know the secret identity of Spider-Man when the symbiote bonded with him. It can however, be forced to forget information if the symbiote is inflicted with heavy trauma.
- Offspring Detection: The symbiote is capable of psychically detecting its offspring, however with effort this ability can be blocked.
- Wall-Crawling: The alien costume replicates Spider-Man’s ability to cling to walls by controlling the flux of inter-atomic attraction between molecular boundary layers.
- Webbing Generation: Venom can shoot strands of the alien’s substance in the form of "webbing" at high pressure up to a distance of 70 feet. The alien’s substance seems to be composed of tough, flexible fibers of organic polymers, which regenerate swiftly after "shedding." The strands have extraordinary adhesive properties, which diminish rapidly once they abandon their living source. After about three hours, with no source to nourish them, the strands dry up like dead skin and dissolve into a powder. The strands possess a tensile strength of 125 pounds per square millimeter of cross section. The one limitation to this ability was used to Spider-Man's advantage during their second bout; Since the webbing itself comprises the costume, if Venom generates too much he will be left vulnerable as the symbiote is weakened and unable to replenish his lost mass for a short period of time. In addition to creating webbing, Brock can use the symbiote in the form of tentacles or tendrils to attack or ensnare his opponents.
- Constituent-Matter Generation: Venom can also use the same substance comprising the symbiote in the form of constituent black matter or goo, and uses it in this method for lethal force against criminals. Venom can send a part of the symbiote and direct its movements into a victim's body, smothering them from the inside.
- Constituent-Matter Manipulation: The Venom Symbiote has recently developed this new ability. Venom can morph sections of his body, such as his hands or feet, into spikes, blades, axes or a shield.
- ESP (Spider-Sense): Venom also possesses an extrasensory ability similar to Spider-Man’s spider-sense. This response is not as complicated as Spider-Man’s inherent sense since the alien costume can detect danger from every direction and conduct Brock in plenty of time. It's a lot more efficient than Spider-Man’s spider-sense because it takes less time to sense the danger, and Flash’s reflexes are faster than Spider-Man’s, because they are enhanced by the alien costume for instance Venom can dodge a gunshot or a barrage of bullets.
- Immunity to Spider-Man's Spider Sense: Due to Spider-Man being a host to the symbiote, Venom is able to bypass Spider-Man's spider-sense. As such, Venom is capable of attacking Spider-Man without alerting him.
- Camouflage Capabilities: The symbiote is capable of mimicking the appearance of any form of clothing, camouflaging with its surroundings, and even mimicking other people.
- Stretching and deforming: Although it's wide known that the Symbiote can stretch and deform itself, recently it was able to perform this ability while bonded to Flash.
- Skilled Marksman: Flash has been trained in sharpshooting and marksmanship by the U.S. Army.
- Skilled Combatant: Due to his formal training as a boxer and a soldier, Flash is an exceptional combatant.
- Flash had been known to have a drinking problem.
- Flash lost his legs from the knees down in the Iraq war and was confined to a wheelchair afterwards. While wearing the Venom Symbiote, Flash was able to regenerate his legs.
- While Flash is wearing the Venom Symbiote, Flash inherits its weakness to loud sounds and fire. Additionally Flash can not remain bonded to the Venom Symbiote for more than 48 hours without risking losing control to the Symbiote.
- Multi-Gun developed by Aaron MacKenzie.
- When he loses control of the suit, Flash takes on a form known as "Savage Venom" whose appearance resembles what Venom looks like Venom's "classic appearance. Also while in this form, Venom has the ability to generate two mouths, one on each side of his neck.