|Aliases:||Ultimate Universe, Earth-Ultimate, Ultimate Marvel, Ultimate Comics Universe|
|Debut appearance:||Ultimate Spider-Man #1 (October 2000)|
|Brian Michael Bendis, Bill Jemas, Mark Bagley|
|Inhabitants:||Peter Parker, Miles Morales, Mary Jane Watson|
Earth-1610, also known as Ultimate Marvel or the Ultimate Universe, is a reality that features re-imagined versions of the Marvel Comic's superhero/villians characters and origins.
The imprint was launched in October of 2000 with the publication of the series Ultimate Spider-Man and Ultimate X-Men.
The characters in this universe have either new origins or different looks, freeing them from the sometimes convoluted back-stories of their original Earth-616 counterparts, and making them different from their counterparts.
In the Ultimatum story arc, most ultimate characters have been killed off. The Fantastic Four has also disbanded.
- Angel: Killed and partially eaten by Sabretooth. (Ultimatum #4)
- Beast: Drowned in the Ultimatum Wave. (Ultimatum #1)
- Blob: Head bitten off by Hank Pym. (Ultimatum #3)
- Betty Brant: Killed by Venom.
- Cannonball: Blown up by Madrox. (Ultimatum #3)
- Captain Britain: Blown up by Madrox, originally confirmed to be dead. (Ultimate X-Men #100) Revealed later to have survived in Ultimate Comics: Avengers.
- Cypher: Presumably blown up by Madrox, shown alongside other casualties. (Ultimate X-Men: Requiem)
- Cyclops: Shot in the head by Quicksilver. (Ultimatum #5)
- Daredevil: Found dead by Spider-Man. Presumably drowned in the Ultimatum Wave. (Ultimate Spider-Man #131)
- Dazzler: Drowned in the Ultimatum Wave. (Ultimatum #1)
- Detonator: Tortured and killed in the Savage Land. (Ultimatum #3)
- Doctor Doom: Head crushed by the Thing. (Ultimatum #5)
- Doctor Strange: Killed by Dormammu after his body is constricted, causing his head to explode. His body was taken by an unknown person. (Ultimatum #4)
- Emma Frost: Blown up by Madrox. (Ultimatum #3)
- Forge: Tortured and killed in the Savage Land. (Ultimatum #3)
- Franklin Storm: Drowned in the Ultimatum Wave. (Ultimate Fantastic Four #58)
- Hard-Drive: Tortured and killed in the Savage Land. (Ultimatum #3)
- Hank Pym: Blown up by Madrox. (Ultimatum #3)
- Iron Man: The Maker leaving him to die after cutting open his head to find a gem. Replaced by a clone.
- Juggernaut: Hit in the eye by a poisonous dart shot by a Sentinel soldier. (Ultimate X-Men #99)
- Longshot: Tortured and killed in the Savage Land. (Ultimatum #3)
- Lorelei: Killed by Wolverine. (Ultimate X-Men #100)
- Madrox: Killed by Wolverine. (Ultimate X-Men #100)
- Magneto: Decapitated by Cyclops. (Ultimatum #5)
- Nightcrawler: Drowned in the Ultimatum Wave. (Ultimatum #1)
- Polaris: Blown up by Madrox. (Ultimatum #3)
- Professor X: Neck snapped by Magneto. (Ultimatum #2)
- Sunspot: Blown up by Madrox. (Ultimatum #3)
- Syndicate: Dead after one of his heads is blown off by William Stryker. (Ultimate X-Men #99)
- Toad: Listed by Marvel as dead, though his death was never shown.
- Wasp: Partially eaten by the Blob. (Ultimatum #2)
- Wolverine: Killed by Magneto after the adamantium is ripped from his skeleton. (Ultimatum #5)
Spider-Man was one of the first to be relaunched with a 'Ultimate' counterpart in 2000, along with the X-Men. In the Ultimatum story arc, although he was hurt almost to the point of death, he is seen alive.
The Death of Spider-ManEdit
In the "Death of Spider-Man" storyline, Peter Parker is killed via a battle with the Green Goblin and the Sinister Six of the Ultimate universe. Soon after Miles Morales is bitten by a similar spider, giving him similar powers, replacing Peter Parker as the new Spider-Man with a costume given to him by the Jessica Drew of that universe.
In the crossover, Spider-Men, Peter Parker of Earth-616 travels to Earth-1610 and meets Miles Morales, along with finding out that his Earth-1610 counterpart is dead.