|So, as someone once said, --- Up --- Up --- and AWAY! - Peter Parker
This article is plagiarized.
It seems the information on this article is mostly or entirely copied from another source. Please edit this article to make it more original.
|Full Name:||Curtis Connors|
|First Appearance:||The Amazing Spider-Man (Volume 1) #6 (November 1963)|
|Created by:||Stan Lee, Steve Ditko|
|Place of Birth:||Coral Gables, Florida|
(Formerly New York City)
|Affiliations:||Formerly the Sinister Six and Sinister Twelve|
|Powers/Abilities:||Connors has a genius-level intelligence, world renowned herpetologist, formidable combatant|
|Height:|| 6' 8" (2.03 m) (As Lizard)|
5' 11" (1.80 m) (As Connors)
|Weight:|| 550 lbs (250 kg) (As Lizard)|
175 lbs (79 kg) (As Connors)
|Hair Color:|| None (As Lizard)|
Brown (As Connors)
|Eye Color:|| Red (As Lizard)|
Blue (As Connors)
|Unique Features:||Scaly skin and a 6' 8" tail in lizard form; right arm missing in human form.|
"No! I mustn't tell him! No one can ever know. The cure worked. My brain--My mind's restored. And I know why I'm here... For the choices I've made. For Martha. For Billy. My name is Curt Connors. And this is my prison. My penance. My hell. And I deserve it. "
Dr. Curtis Connors (of Earth-616) is a long time friend and ally of Spider-Man, while his alter ego the Lizard is a long time enemy of Spider-Man, so he wanted to get revenge..
OriginEditCurtis "Curt" Connors was born in Coral Gables, Florida. He was a gifted surgeon who enlisted in the U.S. Army and was sent off to war. He performed emergency battlefield surgery on wounded GIs, but his right arm was injured in a blast and had to be amputated. Connors return to civilian life as a research technologist, he became obsessed with uncovering the secrets of reptilian limb regeneration. Connors was working at his home in the Florida Everglades with the help of his war buddy Ted Sallis, he finally developed an experimental serum taken from reptilian DNA. He successfully regrew the missing limb of a rabbit and then chose to test it on himself. Connors ingested the serum to his missing arm, resulting into growing back his arm, but the formula had a side effect; Connors was subsequently transformed into a reptilian humanoid monster. Spider-Man discovered this situation during a trip to Florida to investigate newspaper reports of the Lizard. Spider-Man was then able to use Connors' notes to create an antidote to restore him to his human form including his mentality. Connors had another attempt to develop his serum for safe use again resulted in Connors transforming into the Lizard, but on this occasion he was saved by his former colleague Professor Charles Xavier and his first team of X-Men, Beast and Angel was tracking the Lizard down in the swamps so that Iceman could send him into hibernation long enough to develop a cure.
Life in New YorkEdit
The 'Death' of Curt ConnorsEdit
Captured by Dark BeastEdit
The "Human Lizard"Edit
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
While transformed into The Lizard, Connors possesses a variety of superhuman attributes.
- Superhuman Strength: While transformed, he possesses superhuman strength, able to lift 12 tons. This extends to his legs which enables him to jump 18 feet in the air.
- Superhuman Speed: Connors can run at top speed of about 45 miles per hour.
- Superhuman Stamina: As the lizard, Connors' musculature can produce less fatigue toxins while enduring physical activity. At peak capacity it takes about 24 hours to exert into feeling tired.
- Superhuman Durability: Connors' scaly skin provides super-humanly enhanced bodily tissue, capable of withstanding great impact forces.
- Superhuman Agility: Connors' agility are enhanced to levels of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Connors' reflexes are greatly enhanced while transformed.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: The Lizard can rapidly regenerate damaged or destroyed tissue with greater speed and even regenerate missing limbs like many reptiles.
- Tail: Connors' reptilian tail can be used a offensive weapon and can generate enough force to shatter concrete.
- Fangs & Claws: Connors' fingers and toes can grow into razor sharp claws that are able to cut most materials and are effective in closed combat.
- Psionics: Connors' can telepathically communicate with other reptiles.
Connors has a genius-level intelligence and is a world renowned herpetologist. Although he has had no formal combat training, his powers alone coupled with his natural savagery in his transformed state make him a formidable combatant.
- Lizard's strength and agility are reduced when exposed to intense cold for more than a few minutes.
- High levels of stress can cause Dr. Connors to transform into the Lizard.
- Curtis Connors is seen in the first Spider-Man film trilogy with his right arm missing but no actual reference to him being or becoming the Lizard. He was portrayed by Dylan Baker
- In The Amazing Spider-Man, he is portrayed by Rhys Ifans. This was the first time that the Lizard had been seen on film.