|This has got to be the worst alternate universe ever. -Peter Parker (Earth-616)
This article is a stub. This means that it is short and needs more information, or should be expanded with up to date information. You can help the Spider-Man Wiki by expanding it. Thanks!
|Real name:||Cletus Kasady|
|First Appearance:||Amazing Spider-Man #344 (as Cletus Kasady), Amazing Spider-Man #361 (as Carnage)|
|Created by:||David Michelinie, Erik Larsen|
|Place of Birth:||Brooklyn, New York|
|Affiliations:||His "Family" (Carrion, Shriek, Demogoblin, Doppelganger)|
|Height:||6' 1", variable (with symbiote)|
|Weight:||190 lbs (86 kg), variable (with symbiote)|
|Hair Color:||Red, None (with symbiote)|
|Eye Color:||Green, White (with symbiote)|
"Gonna RIP you apart! "
Cletus Kasady had a very troubled childhood. He killed his grandmother by pushing her down a flight of stairs and tortured his mother's dog. His mother then tried to kill Cletus, and was apparently beaten to the brink of death by Kasady's father, who received no defense from Kasady during his trial. As an orphan, Kasady was sent to the St. Estes Home for Boys, where his antisocial behavior made him the target of abuse from both the other orphans and the staff. Kasady gained revenge by murdering the disciplinarian administrator, pushing a girl who refused to date him in front of a moving bus, and burning down the orphanage. It was during his brutal years at St. Estes that Kasady acquired his philosophy that life was essentially meaningless and futile, that "laws are only words", and came to see the spreading of chaos through random, unpatterned bloodshed as "the ultimate freedom."
Nothing but Carnage
Kasady becomes a serial killer. He is captured and sent to Ryker's Island prison for eleven murders (though he brags of a dozen more) where he shares a cell with Eddie Brock, who had lost the Venom Symbiote. Brock's symbiote soon returns and bonds with him again. However, he unwittingly leaves behind the symbiote's offspring, as the symbiotes reproduce asexually and the children are then of no consequence to the parent. The new symbiote enters Kasady's bloodstream through a cut and bonds with him, transforming him into Carnage. He escapes prison, and begins a series of murders, and at the scene of each crime, writes "Carnage" on the walls with his own blood. He was found by Spider-Man, though the hero proved to be no match for Carnage's powers. In desperation, Spider-Man made a truce with Venom to fight Carnage. Working together, they were able to defeat Kasady. Carnage was later killed in a battle with Sentry in the Earth's upper atmosphere, after Sentry forcibly ripped the Carnage Symbiote from Kasady's body (which caused Kasady's human form to suffocate, due to lack of oxygen), and launched it into the sun, where the intense heat destroyed it. Unfortunately for Peter, and the rest of the New Avengers, Carnage had already managed to puncture several of Sentry's vital organs. He passed out during atmospheric re-entry, and died from his injuries, coupled with the severe burns caused by the non-slowed re-entry. It was later revealed that Kasady had made a deal with Wilson Fisk to have a cloned body set up to be activated upon the event of his death. The Carnage Symbiote was aware of this, and thus used the body of Tanis Nieves to transport the Symbiote to Kasady's cloned body. The Symbiote uploaded his consciousness and memories into the cloned body upon bonding with it, making Kasady into Carnage once more.
Powers and abilities
- Due to gestating in an environment alien to its species (Earth), the new symbiote gained extraordinary abilities. Kasady is capable of lifting 60+ tons, and can fight continuously for 24 hours before having to rest.
- In addition, he is capable of regenerating lost portions of his symbiote simply by bleeding, and, because of this, can form projectiles out of pieces of his symbiote (such as blades, spikes, or swords) that he throws at his aggressors. These projectiles are harder than diamonds, and are capable of causing extreme physical injury.
- His symbiote originally had the ability to relay visual information to his brain from any part of his body, making him impossible to ambush but he has since lost that power.
- Much like Spider-Man and Venom, Kasady has superhuman speed and reflexes, and can create his own form of pseudo webbing from his symbiote.
- He can also cling to any surface. Though, unlike Spider-Man, Carnage's ability to Wall-Crawl is not impaired by how wet or frail the surface is.
- Kasady had a teddy bear named Binky in his orphanage. He went back for Binky after he escaped Riker's.