| This has got to be the worst alternate universe ever. -Spider-Man
Hey! Article is a stub. This means that it is short and needs more information, or should be expanded with up to date information, if there is any new information. You can help the Spider-Man Wiki by expanding it. Thanks!
| Captain Marvel
|Full Name:||Catherine Susan Jane Danvers|
|First Appearance:|| Marvel Super-Heroes #13 (as Carol Danvers)|
Ms. Marvel #1 (as Ms. Marvel)
Uncanny X-Men #164 (as Binary)
Avengers Vol. 3 #4 (as Warbird)
Siege: Spider-Man #1 (as Venom)
Captain Marvel Vol 7 #1 (as Captain Marvel)
|Created by:|| Roy Thomas|
|Place of Birth:||Boston, Massachusetts|
|Base:||Alpha Flight Low-Orbit Space Station; formerly Avengers Tower, Manhattan, New York City, New York; C.I.T.T.; S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier; Washington DC; Avengers Mansion, Manhattan, New York City, New York; Seattle, Washington; mobile in the Shi'ar Galaxy aboard the starship Starjammer; Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, Salem Center, Westchester County, New York; Limbo dimension; San Francisco, California; Cape Canaveral, Florida; CIA Headquarters, Langley, Virginia; Boston, Massachusetts|
|Affiliations:||Ultimates, Alpha Flight (Space Program); formerly Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, S.H.I.E.L.D., Mighty Avengers, Initiative, New Avengers, Operation: Lightning Storm, Homeland Security Dept., NASA, US Air Force, ally of the X-Men, Starjammers, Defenders for a Day, the Mighty, Woman Magazine|
|Powers/Abilities:||Experienced Spy, Multilingual, Expert Pilot, Expert Combatant, Talented Journalist|
|Height:||5' 11" (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||165 lbs (75 kg)|
"My name is Captain Marvel... I am an Earthling and an Avenger. But today I stand as one with the settlers of Torfa, who claim this planet and its resources as they were freely given in the aftermath of the Behemoth disaster... They are a peaceful people, but I am a woman of war. If you move against them, you move against me. I am willing to die here today, for this cause. I have made my choice... Now you make yours."
Catherine Susan Jane Danvers (of Earth-616), better known as Carol Danvers is the hero also known as Ms. Marvel, Binary, and currently Captain Marvel, is a member of the Avengers and the former leader of both the New Avengers and the Mighty Avengers.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
- Superhuman Strength: Carol is super humanly strong and is listed at a normal level somewhere between class 25 and class 75, likely class 50, similarly to Rogue. However, since she is able to absorb various types of energy, she can use this energy to temporarily increase her physical strength to levels similar to that of her time as Binary, in which form she reaches class 100+.
- Superhuman Speed: She is capable of running and accelerating to high speeds which a human could never achieve.
- Superhuman Stamina: Carol's musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of an ordinary human. She can physically exert herself at peak capacity for about 24 hours before fatigue begins to impair her. However, she is capable of channeling absorbed energy to further increase her stamina to higher levels.
- Superhuman Durability: The tissues of her body are considerably harder and more resistant to physical injury than those of an ordinary human. Carol is capable of withstanding high caliber bullets, great impact forces, falls from great heights, exposure to temperature and pressure extremes, and powerful energy blasts without sustaining any injury. While channeling the energy she has absorbed, her body's resilience is extended to an even greater degree, even allowing her to survive in the vacuum of space for extended periods of time.
- Superhuman Agility: Carol's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Her reflexes are heightened in a similar manner and are superior to those of the finest human athlete.
- Flight: Carol is capable of propelling herself through the air at tremendous speeds. Although her top speed is unknown, she has been shown flying at three times speed of sound for several hours, so it is likely she can go much faster.
- Seventh Sense: Part of her original power set as Ms. Marvel, Carol was subconsciously able to anticipate the moves of her opponents, though this power was not exactly reliable and activated randomly. After Rogue robbed her of her powers, she was subsequently transformed into Binary. After these powers faded, it seems that Carol's Seventh Sense has returned.
- Immunity: Carol possesses an amalgamated human/alien Kree physiology that granted her a degree of immunity to toxins and poisons.
- Minor Molecular Control: She can use absorbed energy to transform her regular clothing into her costume and vice-versa.
- Photonic Blasts: Carol can fire powerful concussion blasts of photon and stellular light energy from her hands and fingertips.
- Energy Absorption: Her body is capable of absorbing various types of energy for the purpose of temporarily enhancing her own physical attributes. She can augment her strength and energy projection up to the force of an exploding nuclear weapon. If empowered by enough energy, she can assume her Binary form again temporarily.
- Electromagnetic spectrum manipulation: As Binary, Carol was once linked to the power of a white hole and was able to generate heat, light, radiation and access all other forms of energy along the electromagnetic spectrum on an almost solar scale. After this link was severed, she could no longer do so on the level she once had. However, the capacity for this power still remains with her.
- Experienced Spy: Carol is an experienced spy, having worked various undercover operations for NASA.
- Multilingual: Carol is fluent in English, Russian, and another unrevealed Earth language, as well as Kree, and Shi'ar languages. She speaks passable Rajaki and has a limited vocabulary in many other languages.
- Expert Pilot: Carol is an accomplished pilot, having extensive experience with USAF planes as well as with Kree, Shi'ar and other alien starships.
- Expert Combatant: She is extensively trained in armed and unarmed combat through Military Combatives.
- Talented Journalist: Carol is talented journalist excelling as a freelance writer and magazine editor.
- Carol is shown to have owned a pet cat named Chewie.
- In Uncanny X-Men #153, Carol is shown wearing a shirt with the symbol of DC Comics' Captain Marvel on it.
- In Siege: Spider-Man #1, Carol didn't deny that she had feelings for Spider-Man.
- In Ms. Marvel #34, Spider-Man asked her on a date.
- In Ms. Marvel #47, the 'Amazing Spider-Date'.
- In Avenging Spider-Man #9-10, Captain Marvel and Spider- Man teamed up.