| This has got to be the worst alternate universe ever. -Spider-Man
Hey! Article is a stub. This means that it is short and needs more information, or should be expanded with up to date information, if there is any new information. You can help the Spider-Man Wiki by expanding it. Thanks!
|Full Name:||Benjamin Jacob Grimm|
|First Appearance:||Fantastic Four #1|
|Created by:||Stan Lee, Jack Kirby|
|Place of Birth:||New York City, New York|
|Base:||C.I.T.T.; formerly Baxter Building, Manhattan, New York City, New York; Pier 4; Antarctic lab; Four Freedoms Plaza, Avengers Compound, Los Angeles, California|
|Affiliations:||Guardians of the Galaxy; formerly Fantastic Four, Future Foundation, Worthy, New Avengers, Initiative, Avengers West Coast, Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation, Ally of Les Heroes de Paris, Thunderiders, pawns of Grandmaster, Project Pegasus, Defenders, NASA, U.S. Marines (pilot), U.S. Air Force, Yancy Street Gang|
|Powers/Abilities:||Superhuman Strength, Expert Pilot, Master Combatant|
|Height:||6' 0" (1.84 m)|
|Weight:||500 lbs (227 kg)|
|Hair Color:||No Hair|
|Unique Features:||Has the appearance of being completely made of stone.|
"It's Clobberin' Time!"
Piloting a space mission with his friends, a blast of radiation gave Ben Grimm a stone like appearance, with super strength. He and his college roommate Reed Richards along with Johnny Storm and Sue Storm decided to use their powers for good and become the world's first superhero team, the Fantastic Four.
Power and abilitiesEdit
- Rock-like Skin: The Thing's body is covered with an orange, flexible, rock-like hide. He has no apparent neck, only four fingers (including the thumb) on each hand and four toes on each foot. The increase in the volume of his fingers has not decreased his manual dexterity. His skin is apparently susceptible to "drying" or what in a normal human being would be called loss of skin oil, for his skin can be "chipped" under certain circumstances. The Thing has no outer ear structure.
- Superhuman Strength: The Thing's primary superhuman power is his physical strength. Initially, he was only strong enough to rate as a class 5. Over the years, through rigorous training and further mutation, his strength dramatically increased to the point where he can lift 85 tons and its possible that he can support weights even heavier.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Thing's advanced musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than a normal human. At his peak, he can exert himself for about 24 hours before the build up of fatigue toxins begin to impair him.
- Superhuman Durability: The Thing's rock-like body composition renders him highly resistant to physical injury. The Thing's body can resist extremely powerful impact forces, such as the force of the Hulk's punches (the Hulk is devastatingly strong, lifting far above 100 tons). He can also withstand exposure to high levels of explosives, without sustaining injury such as being struck full with bazooka shells. His body can also withstand extreme temperatures.
- Superhuman Sensory Adaptation: Though his senses aren't super humanly acute, his five senses can withstand greater amounts of sensory stimuli than he could when he was a normal human being, with no reduced sensitivity. This was demonstrated during the Fantastic Four's first fight with the Hulk, when a sonic boom caused by Hulk's thunderclap knocked out the rest of the team, Ben however was barely phased.
- Nigh-Immortality: The Thing would theoretically would never die since he cannot age. The only way for him to age is by being in his human form. If he's not turned back to human or decides not to turn back to human one day a year as he's able to extend his lifespan.
- Expert Pilot: Ben is an exceptionally skilled and experienced pilot, proficient with many varieties of both conventional and exotic aircraft. Ben has also trained as an astronaut and was piloting Reed Richard's spacecraft during the team's fateful bombardment with cosmic rays.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: He is uniquely gifted in the art of hand-to-hand combat (a skill Ben honed long before he became the Thing), though his fighting style tends to be a rather loose brawling technique all his own. This style often incorporates collegiate wrestling techniques, Boxing (as he has been stated to have spent hours upon hours honing his boxing skills in the gym during college), and on at least one occasion even Jujutsu. In his youth, Ben was a talented football player.
- The Thing had an early rendition to his Fantastic Four uniform.
- Ben Grimm is Jewish just like his creator, Jack Kirby.
- The Thing was able to defeat Wolverine in one punch before Wolverine's healing factor advanced over time to it's current level.
- Ben's favorite food is pizza, especially New York pizza.