|Spider-Man Vs. The Chameleon|
|Comic Book series:||Amazing Spider-Man|
|Amazing Fantasy 15|
|Amazing Spider-Man #2|
Amazing Spider-Man #1 was the first issue of Spider-Man's series after his debut in Amazing Fantasy 15. As the writer got fan letters asking for more as well as good sales Spiderman was made into a separate comic series.
- Aunt May
- Uncle Ben (Deceased)
- Peter Parker a.k.a Spiderman
- J. Jonas Jameson, publisher of "The Daily Bugle"
- Jameson's Son, Missile Incident
- Chameleon, Villain
- Fantastic Four, elite warrior team
- College Friends
- College Professor
- City Police
Now Peter Parker dressed in the costume of Spiderman goes out and performs stunts and wins some money but "The Daily Bugle" J. Jonah Jameson spreads news that Spiderman is a a menace to the city. Spiderman's name being used here he visits the Daily Bugle office and finds about the missile launch by Jameson's son, who is in the missile to orbit the earth. Nobody knows that the missile has a broken part and fails in mid air and comes down revolving at high speed. Spiderman rescues Jameson's son thinking that Jameson will stop blaming spiderman for nothing but Jameson takes care of his son and retaliates that Spiderman arranged this disaster. Once and for all, to clear his name spiderman visits a rooftop where he has been called by "The Chameleon" who can change his face. Spiderman falls for his trap as Chameleon, dressed as Spiderman robs some cash from a nearby bank and raises the alarm. The police catch the Spiderman on the rooftop who tries to explain them but unsuccessful, runs away. He grabs the Chameleon and brings him to the police who also runs away and masks himself as spiderman and turns of the light. The real spiderman tracks and defeats the Chameleon with his extra sensational abilities and the police imprison the Chameleon. Still, Jameson is trying to keep Spiderman away from the city by publishing false accusations about him. Spiderman decides to join the Fantastic Four so that he can earn some money being a superhero and infiltrates in their headquarters and defeats the entire team alone and understands from them that the Fantastic Four is a non profit organization and he cannot earn any money through it.. They deny him to join their team and try to assist him but he leaves them in disagreement.
Developments for "Spider-Man!"Edit
- J. Jonah Jameson makes his first Earth-616 appearance.
- Spider-Man saves J. Jonah Jameson's son, John Jameson.
- John Jameson makes his first Earth-616 appearance.
Developments for "Spider-Man vs. The Chameleon"Edit
- Spider-Man meets the Fantastic Four for the first time.
- Spider-Man tries to join the Fantastic Four, thinking that they get paid for being superheroes.
- Spider-Man leaves, learning that the Fantastic Four is a non-profit team and earn no salaries.
- The Chameleon makes his first Earth-616 appearance.
- The Chameleon would not be seen again until Amazing Spider-Man #15.
- This issue marks the first time Spider-Man ran out of web fluid.
- This issue marks the first time Spider-Man is called a "Menace" by the Daily Bugle.
- This issue marks the first time Spider-Man uses his webs to create an object, such as a parachute.
- Peter is incorrectly named Peter "Palmer" three times in this issue, in the second story of the issue "Spider-Man vs. The Chameleon", (two occurrence being on the same page and fewer than five panels apart on page two of story two, and once again on page 6).
- At the end page, the specialty of spiderman's web is given and how it is very much strong, flexible and can decompose.