|Full Name:||Adriana "Ana" Soria|
|First Appearance:||The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol 2 #15|
|Created by:||Paul Jenkins; Michael Ryan|
|Place of Birth:|
|Base:||Formerly her "hive" in Manhattan|
|Powers/Abilities:||Superhuman strength, telepathy, telekinesis, insect and arachnid control, mutanagenic bite, sonic scream, spider form|
|Weight:||125 lbs (57 kg)|
|Unique Features:||After stabbed in the back by Venom, she mutated into a giant spider|
"The metamorphosis has begun. I feel you, all of you, reaching out along the web we all share. Whatever you were yesterday, that was another time. A different life. You are all my children now. My colony. My kingdom. And I am your queen."
At the beginning of World War II, Adriana Soria joined the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps.
While this was happening, American started to make effort to make another Super Soldier Serum in order to create another Super Soldier like Captain America in order to combat the Japanese and Soviet.
Genetically suited soldiers were selected from the Marines for "Operation Crossroads", and Ana was the first selected.
One mission detailed Ana's group to go head first into Bikini Atoll in order to absorb radiation to see if it activated any hidden abilities within their DNA. However, Ana's team was not told of the radiation, as most of them died from radiation poisoning.
Ana didn't die, nor did any abilities seemingly activate, but her metabolism was raised to the point of insanity. She was deemed a failure and was sealed in an asylum.
Sometime during the 1950's, Ana broke out of the asylum and during 1954, kidnapped professor David Jaffe, the scientist in charge of Operation Crossroads to get answers.
It is revealed that the radiation actually altered Ana's genetic structure kick started a mutant ability that allowed her to control insects and made her into a insect human hybrid, however she still can have the look of a human.
Rise of the QueenEditDuring the events of "Avengers Disassembled", Ana resurfaces in Manhatthan calling herself "The Queen" now in full command of her insect controlling powers.
Ana is first seen leaving a limousine and as she leaves, is welcomed by many of her slaves. She quickly gets a taxi with her telepathy powers and makes her way up a Manhattan Highrise, once she arrives.
Captain America and Spider-Man thinks something is up and tries to investigate. Ana starts to battle Cap and Spider-Man, using her sonic scream and mind-controlling powers to take them both down easy and capture them.
Spider-Man frees himself to fight Ana again, only for her to take Spider-Man and kiss him in an attempt to make him fall in love with her. In an attempt to break Spider-Man's will, Ana forced several of her drones to jump to their deaths. S.H.I.E.L.D. soon arrived and launched an unsuccessful attack before Captain America frees himself and accidently caused Ana to fall from the building.Although Ana escaped, to build a new army of drones in Manhattan's underground subway system. During this, Spider-Man was slowly transforming into an actual spider creature with with four eyes, eight limbs, a hairy body and fangs, due to Ana's kiss.
Professor David Jaffe was forced to create bomb by Ana that would mess with all the mental abilities of the human brain, just like the bomb made by the US during the Cold War.
The bomb would not hurt insects, at Ana's request, but would kill humans lacking the insect gene she and Spider-Man had. When the bomb was done, Ana announced to the area that everyone should either evacuate within a 600 miles radius or die. This was Ana's means of escape.
However, Spider-Man sabotaged it and she was killed by her own bomb, but her body was never found.
With the help of the Jackal, she kidnapped Steve Rogers and turned him into the "Spider-King".
She then got word that a cure was being made a Horizon Labs to cure all people given spider powers that would evenually turn into giant spiders that Ana would control. To combat this, Ana used her powers to force J. Jonah Jameson into killing Alistaire Smythe, who was coming up with a cure.
However, she was too late and the Spider-King was cured, making him Captain America again.
The Jackal then sent Tarantula and Kaine (Peter Parker's clone), to destroy the cure, but Spider-Man regained his spider-sense during the fight and Kaine into the lake of anti-bodies, curing him of his disfigured face, and making him look like a perfect twin clone of Peter Parker.
Upset that things were not going her way, Ana used her Sonic Scream to kill the Jackal.After Jackal's death, she fought against the cured Captain America and almost killed him, but Agent Venom helped out by using Captain America's shield to badly hurt Ana.
The wound from Agent Venom only made her more upset. Upset enough to transform into a nearly 20 feet tall spider-human hybrid, by drawing power from anyone in New York who was mutated.
While Ana was busy fighting superheroes, Spider-Man used Doctor Octopus' octo-bots to carry out the cure to all infected New Yorkers.
With her powers draining because of New Yorkers being cured, it was time for the killing blow. Ms. Marvel took Kaine, who was wearing the Big Time suit to avoid her sonic screams, and threw him at Ana's head and stabbed her in the back of the head using a stinger he grew from his arm. Any and all heroes currently fighting her, continued to attack her, causing her to explode all over.
Iron Man preformed an autopsy which confirmed that this was Adriana Soria and that she was dead once and for all.
Alive, it was revealed that the Jackal had stolen a limb of Adriana and used her DNA to make many clones that he named "Spider-Princess".
All of these clones were killed by Spider-Man and Alpha.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
- Superhuman Strength: Ana can lift about one ton.
- Telepathy: Ana can communicate with her drones over long distances through telepathy. She utilizes her telepathy to also control the minds of insects and humans with the insect gene.
- Insect Control: Ana can command insects, as well as humans who have the "insect gene". People controlled remain aware of their surroundings, but only strong-willed people, such as Spider-Man, can mount any resistance to her commands.
- Telekinesis: Ana can raise, move, or interrupt the movement of animate and inanimate objects. She also uses this power to control the motor functions of any insect or humans who have the insect gene.
- Mutagenic Enzyme: Soria's saliva contains a mutagenic compound. This enzyme appears to have unique effects on those connected to the Web of Life, such as Spider-Man.
- This enzyme was probably used in the creation of the Jackal's "Spider-Flu" and granted most of New York spider powers before turning them into spiders.
- Sonic Scream: Ana can emit a dangerous blast of sound from her mouth that has the potential to kill a person.
- Shape-Shifting: Ana was also able to turn herself in a giant half human, half spider-like monster. The strength of this transformation depends upon the amount of arachnids she fed off of, via the Web of Life.
Soria has military training and is adept in several forms of armed and unarmed combat.
Ana can lift about one ton.
- There are several holes in Ana Soria's brief history. According to her OHOTMU Spider-Man 2005 entry, Ana was exposed to radiation on the Bikini Atoll, while Ana herself recalls being irradiated in a desert in The Spectacular Spider-Man (Vol. 2) #17. The handbook only says that she was the first female Marine to see combat, while Ana recalls that most of her unit were unable to complete the rigors of their specialized training after she was drafted into the Marines from the Auxiliary Women's Corps.
- Ana Soria and Captain America shortly dated in 1945, before Captain America was frozen.
- Adriana Soria was the name of illustrator Humberto Ramos' ex-girlfriend.
- Adrianna is the second villain to be called Spider-Queen, the first being Shannon Kane